Ebola, what you think about it ?

Rogify

Dec 15, 2013
Hello, Devbest. When youre reading a newspaper, when you're listening to news from the radio, when you're watching news broadcast from the TV, when you're reading news on the net, you'll probably read something about ebola.

What is Ebola ?

In 1976, Ebola (named after the Ebola River in Zaire) first emerged in Sudan and Zaire. The first outbreak of Ebola (Ebola-Sudan) infected over 284 people, with a mortality rate of 53%. A few months later, the second Ebola virus emerged from Yambuku, Zaire, Ebola-Zaire (EBOZ). EBOZ, with the highest mortality rate of any of the Ebola viruses (88%), infected 318 people. Despite the tremendous effort of experienced and dedicated researchers, Ebola's natural reservoir was never identified. The third strain of Ebola, Ebola Reston (EBOR), was first identified in 1989 when infected monkeys were imported into Reston, Virginia, from Mindanao in the Philippines. Fortunately, the few people who were infected with EBOR (seroconverted) never developed Ebola hemorrhagic fever (EHF). The last known strain of Ebola, Ebola Cote d'Ivoire (EBO-CI) was discovered in 1994 when a female ethologist performing a necropsy on a dead chimpanzee from the Tai Forest, Cote d'Ivoire, accidentally infected herself during the necropsy

So, ebola was just a virus from 70's - 80's, or is it ?
By 10th october, this year, there has been 8,376 suspected cases, 4,024 deaths.
The disease has spreaded to all around the world, USA for example.

Here is comparison of ebola, smallpox and Measles

EWBBpPk

Ebola got a head start on us,” Anthony Banbury, head of UNMEER, told the members of the UN Security Council Tuesday. “It is far ahead of us, it is running faster than us, and it is winning the race.”
In order to turn the tide, Banbury identified four targets that must be met: identifying and tracing contacts, managing cases, ensuring safe burials, and providing people with information they can use to better protect themselves. He also set a 60-day deadline to ensure that 70% of infected people are in care facilities, and 70% of burials are done without causing further infection.

Ebola is spread through direct contact with the bodily fluids of a person who is symptomatic – a transmission process that makes people caring for the sick or the deceased particularly vulnerable.

“If we fail at any of these, we fail entirely,” said Banbury of the stated objectives. “With each passing day as more people are infected, the number of people infected grows exponentially.”

So, ebola isnt a think to joke about.

What do you, DevBest, think about ebola ? What should the whole world do to it ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Leave it to the professionals, what can we do?

Think this pretty much calms anyone who may be panicking, credit goes to some guy from Reddit.
doyouhaveebola_revised.0.png

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Doubt it, and if I do, oh well. Everyone dies eventually, no point fearing a disease. This is H1N1 again.

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
Considering I live 45 minutes from the city that currently (supposedly) has it (Dallas), I'm not scared. Honestly, just don't touch someone who is infected or sick for that matter and you should be fine, I don't see what the big hype is about.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
It's a load of bollox just like h1n1 etc that was going to kill half the population. But it didn't. Also simply don't touch any bodily fluids of anyone infected

Rogify

Dec 15, 2013
It's a load of bollox just like h1n1 etc that was going to kill half the population. But it didn't. Also simply don't touch any bodily fluids of anyone infected
I feel what youre saying. I might get alot of hate and all that for what I am saying now. In my opinion, it might be possible that it spreads to all around the world; you wont notice it instantly if you have ebola, and in a very short time, somebody gets it from you, (s)he doesnt notice it, and the virus spreads. Also, somebody might be on vacation, in Sierra Leone for example, (s)he gets the virus, and spreads it/ might spread it to his/her doctors, and it spreads to their families and so on.

BR4DLEY

Web Developer
Jan 2, 2012
I feel what youre saying. I might get alot of hate and all that for what I am saying now. In my opinion, it might be possible that it spreads to all around the world; you wont notice it instantly if you have ebola, and in a very short time, somebody gets it from you, (s)he doesnt notice it, and the virus spreads. Also, somebody might be on vacation, in Sierra Leone for example, (s)he gets the virus, and spreads it/ might spread it to his/her doctors, and it spreads to their families and so on.
It takes 21 days for the virus to actual work on your body.

TheGodfather

Jul 29, 2014
There's already an airborne strain of Ebola, which can not be transmitted to humans, yet.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Gotta fucking love how all the diseases humans get are mutated forms which comes from animals;

- Swine flu
- Bird flu
- Smallpox
- Tuberculosis

And now Ebola, fuckin' great.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
It's good for the overpopulation.
No but in all seriousness, as long as we have such a high amount of people on this planet, growing rapidly new virusses will come and wipe out a bunch of people. It's the hard reality and in my eyes - I don't really care. Everyone dies eventually, and as long as we keep prolonging the lifes of people who should have died years ago, this will go on and on.

Don't be a rabbit - use a fucking condom.

Users who are viewing this thread