Easier Status Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
Hello,

So I noticed the little box in the top right hand corner which says "What's up?".

It'd be nice if when you clicked it, you got a little box popup which let you update your status on your profile page.

This way, I think more people would actually use it.

What do you think?

Baevus

the names ethan
Nov 4, 2012
Or Rasta could imput the plugin with the theme tp allow it to be edited by a certian rank.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I guess that'd be neat, but it'd be a waste because who actually updates their status on here? My last update was June 15, 2012 and it was a spam update.

Save status updates for Facebook and Twitter.

NSA

Dec 9, 2011
It's still a feature on DevBest though, m0nsta and although not a lot of people use it, it's still a useful feature.
People don't use it as much as they should -- especially when they announce projects.
I admit, I don't use it, but if I started a project, instead of making new threads to post updates, it'd make more sense to just post a status update.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
It's still a feature on DevBest though, m0nsta and although not a lot of people use it, it's still a useful feature.
People don't use it as much as they should -- especially when they announce projects.
I admit, I don't use it, but if I started a project, instead of making new threads to post updates, it'd make more sense to just post a status update.

That would be useful and make sense to developers if a users status update was easier to navigate to rather than just clicking the developer each time to find out whats going on with the project.

I guess a good idea could be Development Status updates, like profile ones but for threads, instead of posting every time, have status updates on the thread, it could keep spam down but when you think about it, its kinda pointless cause the developer could just post their updates as a reply, but then again, i guess it could be easier for a user to see a list of project status updates on a thread rather than having to navigate through loads of posts like on threads such as RevCMS + Emu.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I guess it would be nice to have it but wouldn't have much affect at all.

I think instead of having "What's up" actually have a notice lol, it's piss easy to change your status, it's like 1 or 2 clicks to your profile why do we have to make it easier?

NSA

Dec 9, 2011
It would just add a use for the "What's up" part.

I don't want to have to go page to page to change my status, just a pain in the ass.

Reedz

#1 Baller
Jul 9, 2012
Totally agree, I would begin to use the status update feature if it was easier to do.

Vouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread