Domain and VPS IP not connecting to retro

DabHit

Nov 9, 2018
I have been having loads of problems now trying to get my domain connected to my vps IP to run my retro and I am using Xampp to host my retro. I am using a vps through routerhosting and a domain through namecheap, I have tried cloudflare and all of the A, CNAME records and everything else with that as well as just trying the DNS provider with my domain and still nothing has worked, the domain will not connect to my retro. But when I run the retro by just using the VPS IP it works. I do not know what the problem could be? I really doubt it is the domain itself, I feel as if I am missing something in my config file for my retro??
Please any help would be so greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
I have been having loads of problems now trying to get my domain connected to my vps IP to run my retro and I am using Xampp to host my retro. I am using a vps through routerhosting and a domain through namecheap, I have tried cloudflare and all of the A, CNAME records and everything else with that as well as just trying the DNS provider with my domain and still nothing has worked, the domain will not connect to my retro. But when I run the retro by just using the VPS IP it works. I do not know what the problem could be? I really doubt it is the domain itself, I feel as if I am missing something in my config file for my retro??
Please any help would be so greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
Have you gone back through your configs and settings to change everywbere your IP was used to your domain? Are you sure your nameservers are configured properly? Are external connections permitted to access your VPS?

DabHit

Nov 9, 2018
Have you gone back through your configs and settings to change everywbere your IP was used to your domain? Are you sure your nameservers are configured properly? Are external connections permitted to access your VPS?
Yes I have, evertime I use cloudflare it just goes to the error screen and shows my domain host connect was an error. Does the MySQL host from xampp matter? I am using my VPS IP as it in the config file, and httpwww for the url. I feel as if I am missing something with xampp? for it to connect to my domain, I haven't had to do any allowing ports through firewall cause Apache and MYSQl already connect to xampp without having to do so. I have tried for days now and nothing....

Make sure in your client.php, the IP is your VPS IP rather than the domain if you're using cloudflare
My client file is okay, I am just not getting no connection to my CMS what so ever with my domain

I got it fixed guys...thanks for the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread