Do you think assisted suicide should be allowed?

Error

Jun 30, 2011
Do you think that Assisted Suicide be allowed?
Everybody has thoughts on this, personally I think that it SHOULD but I think that only the elderly should be allowed to - No one else should have the right.

Alot of people think that it should be allowed and I see alot of debates about this on television on things like QI, Question time etc.. and I want to know your thoughts on it, as I said I believe it should only be avaliable to the elderly, and should only be allowed with their consent.

Your thoughts?

Thank you,
Jamie

Dayron1234(2)

Jun 11, 2011
First off assisted suicide is in Black Ops :) Just shoot the guy and when he jumps he just dies :). Anyways back to the topic if they want to help the guy then let them be.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Why should it only be available to the elderly? what if somebodys critically ill and wants to die? can they not be allowed to do it instead of suffering?

I personally believe that if somebody wants to die, they should have the right to do it, regardless if they have a valid reason or not.
People say, its your life, your choices. So why not?

Error

Jun 30, 2011
Yes. Thats what I mean, only those who are seriously ill or want to kill themselves have the right.. I don't believe that young people do when they have nothing wrong with them tho.

It's just my opinion and I respect yours.

Tom...

Awesome
Jun 29, 2011
To be honest I don't think it should be allowed. If it was to be allowed it shouldn't just apply to the elderly. Like Kaz said, what is someone is terminally ill.

Also this would not help police in any way. Most federal agencies in the United States treat all suicides are murders until proven otherwise. The person who assisted suicide will most likely be arrested for murder if the full story is not told.

MY VIRDICT: They should not allow assisted suicide.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
The elderly are not in the correct state of mind to make these kind of decisions as stated by government blah blah but personally I think the elderly should have assistance from there doctor for suicide. However so many teenagers are in some states of maybe anxiety, bullying etc, they are not thinking straight and they just need counselling to get over it.

Elderly - Yes
Teens - No
Adults - No Some adults still go through an anxiety stage and bullying stages or even relationships.

Thats my opinions.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
I think that assisted suicide is murder, and they should NOT let people get away with it!

The medical profession AKA Doctors in some country's do this to prevent terminal diseases it's (assisting). Murder is man slaughter.

Error

Jun 30, 2011
Yes, it is not allowed in the UK and probably not allowed in the United States - That's why they have to travel to Switzerland to go through the process. Aswell, they have to say before they drink the 'chemical' whether they are sure they want to die - Some have been known to say no but most say yes - So it wouldn't really be manslaughter it would basically be committing suicide.

If I wanted to do this I wouldn't tell anyone so my family wouldn't be accused of Murder and I would travel alone.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I personally think that assisted suicide should be legal, but only to those who are seriously ill, and in great pain. However, if the patient is under the age of 18 years old, it should be up to the parents, as children do not always see the greater picture, and only think in the context of the present.

As for people who are just depressed, no. If that person really thinks that life is not worth living, they can do it on their own time. No doctor should be allowed to take the life of any healthy person, even if that's what they want.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
If the person is seriously ill though, and ill enough to be on life support, when life is no longer worth living for them, they pull the plug, and they die.

I do think its a valid point that in the US anyway we were given the right to pursue happiness, and if any person wants to commit suicide, then who is to stop them. I also believe that we can save the US government and the taxpayers some money by making it legal, in the sense that, we won't have to pay investigators or CSI people to look for cause of death, nor pay the morgue, or put vile images in the minds of people who find their dead relative.

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
I personally think that assisted suicide should be legal, but only to those who are seriously ill, and in great pain. However, if the patient is under the age of 18 years old, it should be up to the parents, as children do not always see the greater picture, and only think in the context of the present.

As for people who are just depressed, no. If that person really thinks that life is not worth living, they can do it on their own time. No doctor should be allowed to take the life of any healthy person, even if that's what they want.
I agree. But it shouldn't JUST be up to the parents, otherwise, the parents can just allow it when the child doesn't want to. I would say, that would be murder.

Archaos

Flying High.
Oct 4, 2011
I think assisted suicide should be allowed but under certain conditions such as illness or serious disability. If the hospital is doing this then i think children under 18 as lulz said would be up to their parents.

Users who are viewing this thread