Do you (people) have a conscience?

Do you have a conscience?

• Total voters

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Not sure if this is considered a debate or not, moderator please move if in the in-correct section.

A conscience is known as something in your head or referred to as a 'voice' in your head that determines right from wrong and leads you to every step you take and every action you do.

There have been certain cases around the world where people have been labelled as no conscience due to the fact of everything they said or done resulted into UN-imaginable consequences especially considering the age band they stand in.

Here are a few testimonials of 'children with no consciences', rather creepy:

Now, to the real question(s).
Do you have a conscience? (A voice inside your head telling you what is right or not)
Can you control it and change what it says?
Do you believe that everyone has a conscience?
Do you even think that there is such a thing called a conscience?

The debate part comes into place here, answer one or all of the questions but try not to leave your response with-out a counter question, e.g:
Do you have a conscience?
I answer as fully as I can blah blah.

(Leave a counter argument/question) - Even if you do have a conscience does it control you or do you make your own decisions?
The next person if possible could answer the counter argument or could chose to ignore it and ask a different question or answer one of the ones previously asked or one of the ones I've asked.

I just want to really capture peoples prospective on this subject, so drop a reply please ;D

JessH

Apr 30, 2012
Do you have a conscience? (A voice inside your head telling you what is right or not)
Can you control it and change what it says?
Do you believe that everyone has a conscience?
Do you even think that there is such a thing called a conscience?

Yes to each of these. I believe we have a conscience hence we all doubt so much, if we didn't have a conscience we would be able to decide things straight away rather than having something in our mind saying "but, what if, even so etc." making us wonder if what we are going to do is the right thing or not. I do think that certain people believe they don't have a conscience purely because they go with their heart and decide what to do on negatives and positives or by going with instinct, so I guess people learn to control their conscience in their own way. Considering it happens with practically everyone and is so known to happen and it's even been named, surely it's stupid to say it wouldn't exist?

I'm actually quite curious to see other people's perspectives on this now.

Cheetos

Jun 28, 2012
I been studying this in school recently. Yes, I think I have a conscience but you cannot control what it says, but you can choose what to do or we wouldn't have free will. I believe everyone has a conscience, but people like criminals just don't listen do it. So the last question is kinda obvious from my previous answers.

DrPepper

I drink myself on a regular basis get over it
Jul 14, 2012
Well I hunt and kill animals without using their meet and feel no guilt so probs not

Awer

- 23K Carot Facials
Dec 29, 2010
Of course we all do.

Have you ever regret anything in your life?

Or wish you could go back to the past and change something?

Your conscience talks when you reret something you did in the past or what your about to do, and how it could've/may impact the future.

Aiwa

Forum Lesbian
Jan 6, 2011
I often talk to myself in my head? I review things which I have done or situations that I am faced with and try to plan which would be the best plan of action to take and try to simulate them in my head before actually making any sort of action.

Users who are viewing this thread