Do you leave your computer running?

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Was wondering what people on here do because some people leave their computers running almost all the time (day after day without shutting it down) even if they're not using it and others like myself shut it down regularly after using it.

Shorty

<insert title>
Jul 14, 2011
It's in my bedroom so I always shut it down just so I don't hear the fans buzzing away. As for my Macbook Pro, I just close the lid and re-open when I need it.

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
Keep it running because my laptop is set ti screen saver after like 2 minutes and then hibernate afte rlike an hour..

Plus I can stand the noise

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
It's in my bedroom so I always shut it down just so I don't hear the fans buzzing away. As for my Macbook Pro, I just close the lid and re-open when I need it.
My fans are almost silent however I have two on the top which do make a tiny amount of noise barely noticeable, but i just really turn it off after using it so that it keeps it refreshed the next time I want to use it.

AssLikeThat

Posting Freak
Jan 27, 2013
I always press the hibernate button on my PC, so it's running on low power and then on my laptop I just close the lid.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
The only computer I turn off is the one in my room because I've grown tired of the sound of whirring fans. Other than that I've had PCs that were on for years. My record was 2 years and some months.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Wow that is incredible
I'm a computer nerd it happens
I always press the hibernate button on my PC, so it's running on low power and then on my laptop I just close the lid.
Actually putting it in hibernate completely shuts the PC down, it saves the current state and resumes it after being awaken. I always use hibernate instead of sleep because of this. Try it out, put your laptop on sleep, and take the battery out and see if it wakes up, and then do the same with hibernation and see if it resumes.

Last edited:

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
Due to me being a safety freak, I tend to turn everything off when I'm sleeping/out of the house. You never know when something can catch alight.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I turn off my PC every night, simply because of all the lights and what not; there's also no reason to leave it running. As for my MacBook Pro, I never turn that off; I just close the lid until I want to use it again.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
The only computer I turn off is the one in my room because I've grown tired of the sound of whirring fans. Other than that I've had PCs that were on for years. My record was 2 years and some months.
proof or it didn't happen.

I turn my macbook pro off occasionally. Most of the time however, I just close the lid.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I keep my laptop on almost all the time, I don't really remember fully shutting my laptop down unless I'm changing some of the specs around.

Users who are viewing this thread