Do I get a Retina 5K iMac?

Kawaii

Jul 24, 2014
Okay so over the past few months I've been deliberating over purchasing an iMac and they look absolutely beautiful but I'm really unsure whether to wait and is it worth £2000? Need some opinions.

BitchesLoveCake

Dec 8, 2014
Okay so over the past few months I've been deliberating over purchasing an iMac and they look absolutely beautiful but I'm really unsure whether to wait and is it worth £2000? Need some opinions.
I sadly don't own an IMac. However i forked out 1,800 for a retina macbook pro and i love it. Sadly its got some downs but hey what doesn't ?

Kawaii

Jul 24, 2014
Yeah, got it, I have the iMac late 2013 model, its awesome
So you haven't got the one I'm on about...

I sadly don't own an IMac. However i forked out 1,800 for a retina macbook pro and i love it. Sadly its got some downs but hey what doesn't ?
I also have a retina Macbook Pro and I love it too but I wouldn't mind an iMac either, hm.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
So you haven't got the one I'm on about...

I also have a retina Macbook Pro and I love it too but I wouldn't mind an iMac either, hm.
I've got a macbook pro and a gaming PC. One Apple, one Windows. Each give me what I need. I can't see myself buying an iMac to get the same experience from my macbook but sat at a desk.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
You can barely game at 4k with a full 290x Crossfire, let alone a single M295x at 5k. If you really want the thrill of being able to do your work in an extra 1k of resolution for a quite a substantial larger price. Then, sure, why not? ;)

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
If you've got the money then go for it.. But it's a lot to pay so consider what you need it for and why you'd benefit from it? Once that's done, then considering if it's worth the dollar.

Kawaii

Jul 24, 2014
You can barely game at 4k with a full 290x Crossfire, let alone a single M295x at 5k. If you really want the thrill of being able to do your work in an extra 1k of resolution for a quite a substantial larger price. Then, sure, why not? ;)

It's not really for gaming, I do a lot of photo/graphics work and the extra screen real estate will increase my workflow and let me get stuff done faster, but it's a lot to pay which is what I'm kinda deciding on. I also have the alternative option to build my own, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Users who are viewing this thread