(Discussion) Is the Macbook Pro 15.4' Retina Worth all that Cash?

Aug 8, 2014
I'm really interested in the Macbook pro 15' for many reasons and am currently close to being able to afford it.
Primarily I am interested not only in its design which is probably its main selling point (and I dont see why windows doesn't take advantage and replicate a laptop so they can boost their sales) but the OS and the retina display. I am hoping to use Photoshop, CodeX (to learn objective-c), and run boot camp (to dual boot windows) but regardless of my desire that price tag just leaves my jaw dropped every time. Do you think for the specs, design, and the apple brand make it worthwhile to pay for that packing punch of a price tag. Throw me a reason why, you may be the deciding reason of whether I get it or not. Thanks :)

Edit: Although I love desktops and laptops are sub-par to the power you can get in a desktop, I'm going to University next year so it's out of the question.

9tz8g2.png

Last edited:

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Definitely NOT worth the price, but since I've bought mine I've loved it. I've used Mac OSX twice and hated it, though. There are tons of laptops that look a like, but there's not going to be any with retina display, which is the main reason I bought it. You can wait for lenovo to release their 4k tablet though.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I'd like to get one of these myself, have done for a while but I'm not prepared to pay all the dollar for something that will make design/coding more enjoyable (that's the main reason behind me wanting one).

It'll be interesting to see what others have to say about this.

Balls

Jun 1, 2013
Also if you really want do to app development and learn Objective C then a mac would be your best option. But other than that, you really are better off purchasing a windows based laptop. Or even a powerful desktop for that about of cash.

Users who are viewing this thread