[Discussion] Habbo - Is it dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
My thought is that Habbo Retros are all the same anymore. Everyone's using some type of small edit of Uber. Everyone has Wired, everyone has everything everyone else has. I remember when there were perks for going to one retro over another. Now, you don't have that, since all retros are the same. All we can do is hope that Habbo retros go back to the way they were before when some retros were just a bit different.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Sorry for the late approval, phones are no good -_-.

I think Habbo is not dieing, it's maybe because you're getting older and losing slight interest in Habbo, yet the developers are becoming more newbie and we're losing loads of good developers as the years go by...

Habbo is getting old for us but some young people who are inspired have yet to begin like we did.

HotelNine

Oct 14, 2010
I understand where both of you are coming from. I am probably just a noob. I own a hotel that is fairly decent id say. I just took someones (type of) ubercms (phoenixphp) and made it work as an oldschool cms. Maybe it did suck maybe it didnt. I miss how many used to have oldschools, Always nice and helping eachother. Nowadays nobody does. Its all about hacking him cuz he has the same stuff as me. Hacking myself cuz i no how to hack and i feel like it. I honestly feel as if habbo is just fading away. Maybe it has and maybe it hasnt. Idk thats my opinion :p

hydra

Apr 8, 2011
Old schools where the best and always will be ..is your old school cms any good

Ayumi

Joshua Pike.
Sep 13, 2010
Old schools where the best and always will be ..is your old school cms any good
Offtopic much?

Also, Habbo does get boring easily and where your coming from has a valid point. Most good developers have actually moved on with there lives, atleast we know that RastaLulz will never move on, that's something to look forward too! Still, if you think there is nothing special in certain hotels then you could try becoming a developer?

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
The issue is, I have NEVER created a successful hotel once, I keep trying and trying. I could never be a developer because I am not good at C#, or setting up hotels for that matter.

AyJay

Sep 12, 2010
Myself I think habbo has come a long way, since I was there when it opened. But to be honest, I feel that the community has somewhat got less of what it used to be before it used to be not much of a game, but a place where you could hang-out with your friends, that has gone far out of context with the new 'pixels' and 'ufo' effects

As Ki said, it's hardly dying just people are getting older, and other's are starting off where we were a few years back.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Hi i am a noobie but i dont plan to be one for ever im taking coding classes and im learning how code structures work im know 14 and im thinking of Creating habbo ... not ripping it off the people who make it but recode and create my own swf, server, and php files..... this will be my 6 year project :D I think the most challenging will be not using anything from habbo like the habbo avatars :(

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Habbo is not dying, their revenue proves otherwise.

Now, Habbo Retros - They won't die, at least until 2020. I think the race to catch-up with Sulake will be over in a year, and everyone will go back to play R62/R53(early), V34, V26 and old school(V1, V5, V13, etc).

Kayte

Living La Dolce Vita.
Apr 19, 2011
Habbo cannot be dying Surely, I mean, look at all the people who have made one, or those that are still trying to? The future of Habbo looks big.

Off Topic - Just thought I should reply & the last post was @ ,

Zakkky

Nov 6, 2011
Myself I think habbo has come a long way, since I was there when it opened. But to be honest, I feel that the community has somewhat got less of what it used to be before it used to be not much of a game, but a place where you could hang-out with your friends, that has gone far out of context with the new 'pixels' and 'ufo' effects

As Ki said, it's hardly dying just people are getting older, and other's are starting off where we were a few years back.
Adam, Your 12 lad don't recon you was there when it first opened,

nuff'said

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
Habbo cannot be dying...
Sulake are turning over so much more money, how can it be losing interest..?

Have a look at the Portuguese/Brazilian hotel as well, look how many people play that. [ ] - Doesn't look dead to me

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
The Discussion was over How Habbo Retros all have no differences at all. All Of the retros are the same, but in the past, there was one reason to visit one retro over another.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
The Discussion was over How Habbo Retros all have no differences at all. All Of the retros are the same, but in the past, there was one reason to visit one retro over another.
Unless a new superstar coder would be born & start to have very unique ideas & get them on a hotel (closed source), that would make a difference I guess. :)

Shorty

<insert title>
Jul 14, 2011
Habbo isn't dying, instead people are growing up and losing interest in new updates which are aimed at 12 year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread