Disaster turned good!

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Well as most of you know my sound on my iPhone was fucked, and apple said it was gonna cost £120 to replace phone for it, a black man stall said £50.
So I thought fuck that I'm gonns do it myself, so I bought a iPhone dock replacement for £7, yes £7..

I started taking phone apart at around 3pm, had it connected in 2 minutes...then came the shotty part!, every screw I dropped nearly then I finally got them all in. Replaced the screen..turned the phone on and WHITE SCREEN.

I'm like Y U NO WORK?, so I guess it's. In of the connectors so I try this several times..still nothing..try booting in DFU mode etc and my home button won't work!

So I opened the shit back up, looked at the dock component I bought..and the connectors for the home screen were covered with glue that stick the component together..so I scrape it off..put phone back together and home button works!, so now I try the reset phone technique (home button and standby) for 10 seconds..

Phone restarts, apple logo comes on for a min then BAM my phone comes back to normal...WITH SOUND

Now I've done this I recogn it will take like 10-15) mins to fix next time

next hong to do is fix brothers cracked screen ^^

Tldr?:
Phone fcked, got annoyed, fixed phone..woo

Crowley

Feb 28, 2012
White screen that means the AppleLogo IMG3 wasn't loaded or it's crashing to the LLB, bad restore?

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Miracle, a donkey can do these things...
Joke, well done.
My iPhone sound fucked up, and I'm not going to waste money on fixing it, and I don't have more brains than donkeys..
I gave it to charity. Bought a Blackberry, gonna sell it and buy a HTC CHACHA :D

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
White screen that means the AppleLogo IMG3 wasn't loaded or it's crashing to the LLB, bad restore?

Not sure but I think the digitiser just needed to be restarted if you get me...Well I done a dock replacement isn't I, seams one of tht connector were bein blocked..

However the white screen I don't know..as I say when I done the restart with home and standby button and it reset, it works perfect, if that didn't work. I was going to do a DFU restart

Predict

Jun 27, 2011
This must of been an emotional time for you, knowing that your phone was going to die and never return! Although with your pro skills you brought your phone back to life when everyone who offered to fix it said it would never happen without lots of money being spent on it, but you proved them all wrong. GG son.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
The thoughts that were going through my head..imagine not having a phone?

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I didnt get a fucking word of that. looked like jibberish to me haha.
But good Job, maybe you start a business doing this, i think you could make like £2 a week :p

Users who are viewing this thread