[Development] Code Bank [C# project]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay12h

Apr 30, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, and I got 0 posts. So I decided to make my development thread here. My development is still active in 12 forums. Every day I'll post some new updates.

Whats Code Bank? Why should I use it?
First of all, Code Bank is easy to use, it's a clone of Notepad. I'm using atm Live Syntax Highlighting. You can save your personally files, like: PHP files, and other stuffs (no HTML included). You can make a backup every day. If you lost your files, you can find them back into your 'room' (means: the place where you saved them last).
Not more to tell. ;)

Code Bank got:
- a nice interface
- Syntax Highlighting
- easy to use
- it's stable

Screenshots:
direct

direct

direct

Orginally I'm coming from the Netherlands, so sorry for my grammar English.
Hope you guys like it! This project is not created yesterday, or the day before, it's been a long time when I have created it. So, that's the reason I've been so far!

- Jay

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
Why would someone use this? There are tons of editours out there even better than this ; Notepad++ , Sublime..

You could spend your time coding on something UNIQUE rather than something which is already out there. IMO :)

Jay12h

Apr 30, 2014
Why would someone use this? There are tons of editours out there even better than this ; Notepad++ , Sublime..

You could spend your time coding on something UNIQUE rather than something which is already out there. IMO :)

This is unique. Notepad don't have a basment where you can save your personally codes? If your PC got overdosed by a lot of files, you can save them there. It's also nice for started developers... It's difficult to explain, but when it's done, you'll see. ;P

Brad

Jun 5, 2012

So You'd stop trying to create something better because it's already out? give him some credit atleast!

OT: looks good will have to try it! :p

Jay12h

Apr 30, 2014
So You'd stop trying to create something better because it's already out? give him some credit atleast!

OT: looks good will have to try it! :p
Thanks for your reply! If someone got nice ideas, send it to me in a reply or add me on Skype: jay.java1

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Thanks for the snippet! I hope that the project ended good. Good luck!!
Thanks man!

JohanRM, new account, made today, same country. Alright, legit vouch.

Anyways, yes, Notepad++ has a "basement" where you can store files. You make a map and save them there. I really don't get how this is unique, it even has less features than Notepad++.

Jay12h

Apr 30, 2014
JohanRM, new account, made today, same country. Alright, legit vouch.

Anyways, yes, Notepad++ has a "basement" where you can store files. You make a map and save them there. I really don't get how this is unique, it even has less features than Notepad++.
''Johan Manke, new account, made today, same country.'', he's a friend of me, he's active on a another forum where I've posted the same thread :p

''it has even less features than Notepad'', give me ideas and I check it later.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
''Johan Manke, new account, made today, same country.'', he's a friend of me, he's active on a another forum where I've posted the same thread :p

''it has even less features than Notepad'', give me ideas and I check it later.

I do assume, that when you make something like this, you do some proper research on tools already on the market, such as Notepad++ (free), Sublime Text (I think it has a free version?), and their features.

This is just 1 site after a quick Google search. You can say all you want of being "unique", but the fact is, with programs like this, you aren't. They have been out for a long time, and the long running free programs like Notepad++, with also a lot of plugins, or even paid programs like Dreamweaver (which almost every personal user has cracked, I assume), have tons of more features compared to your project, Code Bank.

Jay12h

Apr 30, 2014
I do assume, that when you make something like this, you do some proper research on tools already on the market, such as Notepad++ (free), Sublime Text (I think it has a free version?), and their features.

This is just 1 site after a quick Google search. You can say all you want of being "unique", but the fact is, with programs like this, you aren't. They have been out for a long time, and the long running free programs like Notepad++, with also a lot of plugins, or even paid programs like Dreamweaver (which almost every personal user has cracked, I assume), have tons of more features compared to your project, Code Bank.
Yeah, but if you give me ideas, i'll make it special. And yes, this is free and open source :). I ask your feedback to make it unique.

And, Notepad doesn't have a 'save basement'.. Yeah you can save your files, but with this you can save it better (sorry for my grammar english, it's difficult to explain in a another language) :p

You can send me a friendshiprequest on Skype, if you have any questions.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Yeah, but if you give me ideas, i'll make it special. And yes, this is free and open source :). I ask your feedback to make it unique.

And, Notepad doesn't have a 'save basement'.. Yeah you can save your files, but with this you can save it better (sorry for my grammar english, it's difficult to explain in a another language) :p

You can send me a friendshiprequest on Skype, if you have any questions.

Explain, how does this save basement feature you keep mentioning (the one feature currently makes this 'unique') works, and what makes it so special?

Jay12h

Apr 30, 2014
Explain, how does this save basement feature you keep mentioning (the one feature currently makes this 'unique') works, and what makes it so special?
Its difficult to explain, 'cause my english isn't so good.

Jay12h

Apr 30, 2014
Send me a friendshiprequest on Skype (jay.java1) 'cause I don't know how to send someone a PM, I'm new. :p

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Alright so basicly this "basement" idea is just a system what saves it into a "database" in the program, so it would either store it in the program files or in some kind of SQL server which would require unneeded installations, making it only harder to access from other programs.

Reading his thread on a other forum, stating exactly this: "HTML and that other crap absolutely won't come in [this program]", also makes sure it doesn't really can be used in general.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Alright so basicly this "basement" idea is just a system what saves it into a "database" in the program, so it would either store it in the program files or in some kind of SQL server which would require unneeded installations, making it only harder to access from other programs.

Reading his thread on a other forum, stating exactly this: "HTML and that other crap absolutely won't come in [this program]", also makes sure it doesn't really can be used in general.
So, one of the most common languages won't be used because it's classed as "crappy"?! Pretty sure you'll need "crappy" HTML for Javascript, PHP, CSS etc. Stop being a narrow-minded derp. Just because it's easy, doesn't mean it's "crappy".

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Unless this is amazing, offers plugin interoperability with n++ & sublime, and has support for a wide range of languages, I can't see anyone using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread