DevBest Mobile?

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I was thinking a lot of people don't buy unlimited data's for mobile?
I myself do buy it.

e.g. On the road, got an inbox from DevBest or want to check some threads etc.
I'd prefer not to because of my data.
Devbest eats so much.

Unlike 1 other forum I've seen, RZ.
It has a mobile theme aswell. I don't use that forum but I thought it was a good idea for DevBest?

Hopefully you'll take it in.

lepos

Dec 11, 2011
I hope we get this past to Rasta etc.
Because I'd like for a lot of people to be able to access DevBest without worrying as much about their data.
And bcs its slow and too big to load for mobiles.

Stallone

[◣_◢]
Feb 4, 2012
I hope we get this past to Rasta etc.
Because I'd like for a lot of people to be able to access DevBest without worrying as much about their data.
And bcs its slow and too big to load for mobiles.
I hate the chatbox on it it's just like OMG SO SLOW.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
If Rasta wanted to, he could set up an irc channel for devbest. IRC is pretty mobile friendly imo (webclients).
The current chatbox lags on my ipod due to the amount of js involved with xenforo

lepos

Dec 11, 2011
Hopefully we'll get the devbest for mobile sooner rather than later.
I agree, chatbox sucks on mobiles, laggs like hell.

Hopefully it stays.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
I have no problem loading DevBest on my phone, I get no lag and everything functions, even the chat. I don't think the mobile theme you posted has the chat in it, that is the feature most users use.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Back in the day we had a mobile theme for VBulletin however Xenforo is friendly to mobiles? If you have an updated phone? It's a shame no one ever thought about learning mobile web-coding it would of been nice to have a Devbest app

I agree with your request, but it's not really needed for updated phones, the only thing that refused to work is the chat box because it has no enter button but moderating doesn't really require to chat so i'm not bothered ATMO.

Joopie

Sep 13, 2011
Back in the day we had a mobile theme for VBulletin however Xenforo is friendly to mobiles? If you have an updated phone? It's a shame no one ever thought about learning mobile web-coding it would of been nice to have a Devbest app

I agree with your request, but it's not really needed for updated phones, the only thing that refused to work is the chat box because it has no enter button but moderating doesn't really require to chat so i'm not bothered ATMO.

The theme sucks with loading, Rest is fine, Also, It used allot of requests before it's fully loaded ;/
Even with HSPDA it can take long (Or change from webhost to an faster one?).

lepos

Dec 11, 2011
I see where you're going with this.
But anyways it was just a suggestion, if it can't be done.
It can't be done ;)

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
This would bee a good add on seemingw how at, I'm on a school iPad and it isn't running to great :-(

Users who are viewing this thread