DevBest Habbo Retro Using IIS

Jerd

Apr 15, 2020
Hey all, new to the community, and new to developing retro hotels, but not new to development, or retro hotels.

I followed the DevBest tutorial and was nearly complete, but I was stuck after executing the SQL files in the DB in Navicat. It said the BrainCMS configuration wasnt connecting to the MySQL DB, and yes I have the credentials correct. The PlusEMU also has trouble connecting to the MySQL DB.

Any tips on where to go from here? Or other tutorials that are up to date so that I can play around with different combinations of CMS/EMU/SWF/DB and figure this retro dev out. Planning on starting a project for future habbo to replace shockwave once I get the hang of this older stuff

Thanks in advance

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Hey all, new to the community, and new to developing retro hotels, but not new to development, or retro hotels.

I followed the DevBest tutorial and was nearly complete, but I was stuck after executing the SQL files in the DB in Navicat. It said the BrainCMS configuration wasnt connecting to the MySQL DB, and yes I have the credentials correct. The PlusEMU also has trouble connecting to the MySQL DB.

Any tips on where to go from here? Or other tutorials that are up to date so that I can play around with different combinations of CMS/EMU/SWF/DB and figure this retro dev out. Planning on starting a project for future habbo to replace shockwave once I get the hang of this older stuff

Thanks in advance
Is MySQL installed? Are the credentials 100% correct?

Jerd

Apr 15, 2020
Is MySQL installed? Are the credentials 100% correct?
Yes and Yes. I even retried and used the same connection name, db name, and password, so it's pretty impossible to screw it up this time. Still didnt work. When I test the connection to the sql db in navicat, it shows successful, so that should mean it's set up correctly, right?

First I tried the BrainCMS, and then was getting that BrainCMS configuration error with connecting to the MySQL server. I took all those files out of wwwroot and replaced them with the RevCMS files. Now, its just an 500 error page on localhost.

I am not sure where this problem is lying with connecting to the MySQL Server.

Users who are viewing this thread