[Dev] MyBlogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

xHissy

PHP / VB.net Developer
Oct 23, 2011
Professional Blog System

Introducing MyBlogger
MyBlogger is a highly customizable premium blog system coded in PHP which uses MySQL as a storage engine. MyBlogger will be an open-source blogging Content Management Systme (CMS). I am the only person working on MyBlogger and am limited with ideas, so I welcome all suggestions and comments below. If you would like to test MyBlogger or develop a theme for it please PM me.

Directorys / Pages
index.php
adverts.php
connect.php
templates/
version/
admin/

Demo
Click ! - Please note this demo is also my test site so many display errors from time to time.

Snippets
Theme Changer:
PHP:
mysql_query("UPDATE `site_info` SET `template` = 'blue'");

Footer:

PHP:
    <a href="index.php"><?php echo "{$sinfo['fullname']}" ?></a> | Powered by <a href="https://xsocial.co.uk/myblog/">myBlogger</a> | Version: <a href="version/<?php echo $sinfo['version'] ?>.php"><?php echo "{$sinfo['version']}" ?></a>
    <?php
    $version = $sinfo['version'];
    $latest = file_get_contents( "http://xsocial.co.uk/myblog/latest.txt" );
    if($version != $latest){
        echo '| This Version of myBlogger is Outdated!';
    }else{
        echo '';
    }
    ?>

More Soon!

Templates
I currently have 4 themes, Blue, Red, Green and Grey. All of which will be included in the release. I welcome suggestions about themes / colours from all users and highly urge others to create there own themes!

Release Date:
Due to the fact that I have work and college, I am currently unable to announce a release date as I am currently working on the update scripts, secure posting and comments. As soon as I have a date I will like you know. (Exp. 4 Weeks)

Many Thanks
xHissy - MyBlogger Creater

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Looks okay. But I have a few questions. The normal ones. What open-sourced license will this script be under? And will it include basic security measures at least (E.g. XSS Attack and MySQL Injection) and will there be a commenting feature. Good luck :)

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Looks nice, love the style but I know that the style isn't yours because someone else put that style up before and I've seen it released just can't think where, but good luck. Noticed a lot of people creating blog scripts lately.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Its looking good so far, some suggestions for you to ponder over,
Commenting on blog posts
User registrartion - to then comment or be upgraded to writer or something
Plugin system

xHissy

PHP / VB.net Developer
Oct 23, 2011
Looks okay. But I have a few questions. The normal ones. What open-sourced license will this script be under? And will it include basic security measures at least (E.g. XSS Attack and MySQL Injection) and will there be a commenting feature. Good luck :)

I have every intention to Secure is as much as possible, commenting will be coming shortly and not sure about the license will have to do some resarch.

Looks nice, love the style but I know that the style isn't yours because someone else put that style up before and I've seen it released just can't think where, but good luck. Noticed a lot of people creating blog scripts lately.

Yh I got the theme off a friend as stated here:

Thanks for the comments :)

Its looking good so far, some suggestions for you to ponder over,
Commenting on blog posts
User registrartion - to then comment or be upgraded to writer or something
Plugin system

Commenting will be added, I like the sound of user writer etc (Will look into this), and have started to look at plguin systems :)

Thanks for all you comments and suggestions. Please keep them coming

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I have every intention to Secure is as much as possible, commenting will be coming shortly and not sure about the license will have to do some resarch.

Yh I got the theme off a friend as stated here:

Thanks for the comments :)

Commenting will be added, I like the sound of user writer etc (Will look into this), and have started to look at plguin systems :)

Thanks for all you comments and suggestions. Please keep them coming

Oh right, well the theme isn't his either, lol It's a free released theme ^^

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
Instead of changing the theme through the query just do a variable that can represent the theme. Therefore, it could be easily changed such as
$theme = "blue";

mysql_query("UPDATE `site_info` SET `template` = '$theme'");

--
That should work out better, anyways really nice theme and keep up with the project.

xHissy

PHP / VB.net Developer
Oct 23, 2011
Instead of changing the theme through the query just do a variable that can represent the theme therefore, it could be easily changed such as
$theme = "blue";

mysql_query("UPDATE `site_info` SET `template` = '$theme'");

--
That should work out better, anyways really nice theme and keep up with the project.

Thanks alot, I have a check whcihe does if theme = "blue" then do
mysql_query("UPDATE `site_info` SET `template` = 'blue'");

etc but your way will use less code! I'll defiantly have a look into it thanks

Updated

The header now pulls the links from a database, there are two tables
("menu" and "adminmenu")

What's Next?

I plan to add an Add/Edit/Delete link section to the Admin Panel

Updated
The connection file, to speed up database connection and prevent mysql injections​
What's Next?
I plan to add an Add/Edit/Delete link section to the Admin Panel​

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Thread closed, no updates for some time, message me if you want this thread reopening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread