[DEV] LiCMS [PHP, MySQLi][Bootstrap]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerses

Dec 29, 2012
LiCMS - Version 1.0.0
Introduction
LiCMS is (or will be) a Content Management System (CMS) coded in PHP & MySQLi. I will be using OOP, but very scarcely though. I'm not quite familiar with OOP. This CMS is going to be sort-of a social networking site? Let me explain more clearly. A Registered User will be able to Post Comments, Make Articles, Like Articles & Comments, View Profiles etc. You might be thinking this is a News System, but nope. ANY User can create articles. Not just an admin.​
This CMS will have Ranks, Permissions etc. Staff Members will have the ability to view the Admin Panel and access features (according to the permissions set).​
This CMS used to be called FulCMS, but I hated the name & hated the code, so I started coding the whole thing again.​
Screenshots
Index -
Register -
Contact -
Almost finished with profiles.​
Snippets
Config.php​
PHP:
<?php

/*---------------------------
-- LiCMS by Doctorate -------
-- Version 1.0.0 ------------
-----------------------------
-- Configuration Page -------
---------------------------*/

## General Configuration

$_CONFIG['site']['name'] = "LiCMS"; // Website Name

$_CONFIG['site']['desc'] = "Version 1.0.0"; // Website Description

$_CONFIG['site']['url'] = "http://localhost/licms"; // Site URL (No ending slash  eg: "http://localhost")

$_CONFIG['site']['copyright'] = "&copy; Copyright Doctorate. 2013 - 2014."; // Website's Copyright.

## MySQL Configuration

$_CONFIG['sql']['host'] = "localhost"; // MySQL Host

$_CONFIG['sql']['user'] = "root"; // MySQL Username

$_CONFIG['sql']['pass'] = ""; // MySQL Password

$_CONFIG['sql']['db'] = "licms"; // MySQL Database

## User Configuration

$_CONFIG['user']['status'] = "I <3 LiCMS"; // Default User Status

## End of Configuration

## Do not edit below if you do not know what you're doing.

$con = new mysqli($_CONFIG['sql']['host'], $_CONFIG['sql']['user'], $_CONFIG['sql']['pass'], $_CONFIG['sql']['db']);

?>

Global file
PHP:
<?php

/*---------------------------
-- LiCMS by Doctorate -------
-- Version 1.0.0 ------------
-----------------------------
-- Global Script ------------
---------------------------*/

require_once('manage/config.php');
require_once('class/class.core.php');

session_start();

$core = new userCore();

?>
Target
I don't want to lie here. This might take some time as I'm fairly new to MySQLi, but I've had no problems so far. Also, I've got school etc, and Exams till the 20th of January.​
Live Preview
Will set it up soon. Just doing up some finishing touches.​
Credits
Xerses / Doctorate (90%) [PHP Code]​
Thomas Park (10%) [BootStrap Theme]​
Requesting Thread Name Change atm. :/​

Jan 17, 2012
32936523.jpg

Seriously, it would be better in OOP.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Sounds like a promising project. Its also a great learning curve making something simple.
As already stated, based on the details you have posted above, it sounds more like a news/blog system.
But good luck, im working on something similar at the moment

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
I'm not sure if you payed attention to this or not, but you got a wrong query there, you forgot to specify what username so the query is just gonna go and update the ip of all the users on your table with the ip of the user that is trying to log on, here you go the correct one:
PHP:
mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET `ip`= '" . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] . "' WHERE username = '".$username."'");

-----------------------------------

In an other hand, good luck with this, it sounds pretty awsome.

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
One of the best CMS's I've seen (not code wise but feature) keep it up!

Xerses

Dec 29, 2012
32936523.jpg

Seriously, it would be better in OOP.

I'm not that familiar with OOP yet. Nice pic tho.

Sounds like a promising project. Its also a great learning curve making something simple.
As already stated, based on the details you have posted above, it sounds more like a news/blog system.
But good luck, im working on something similar at the moment

Thanks.
I don't plan it to be a news project really.
Basically something like a Social Networking Site? Anyone can make articles. Select Certain Categories and post them.
Anyone can comment, state their views, and like.

I'm not sure if you payed attention to this or not, but you got a wrong query there, you forgot to specify what username so the query is just gonna go and update the ip of all the users on your table with the ip of the user that is trying to log on, here you go the correct one:
PHP:
mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET `ip`= '" . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] . "' WHERE username = '".$username."'");

-----------------------------------

In an other hand, good luck with this, it sounds pretty awsome.

I'll look into that.
Thanks.

Recent Updates:Finally finished profiles. Anyone can view any registered users' profile.
The profile system uses $_GET.
I'll post screenies and snippets in a sec.

Xerses

Dec 29, 2012
Snippets & Screenshot for Profile page added.

Also, don't be afraid to like.. I don't bite ;(

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Snippets & Screenshot for Profile page added.

Also, don't be afraid to like.. I don't bite ;(

This looks good but you don't need to show all the pages as code snippets, Just a few to prove you are actually working on it...
If you post all your code like that people will copy + paste and make their own CMS and release it :)

Xerses

Dec 29, 2012
This looks good but you don't need to show all the pages as code snippets, Just a few to prove you are actually working on it...
If you post all your code like that people will copy + paste and make their own CMS and release it :)

Completely forgot about the fags & rippers.

Took out a few snippets. Thanks. :rasta:

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I love bootstrap and glad someone on here has taken advantage of it's lovely design. It's looking pretty nice, just keep updating us because I'd love to see where this is going (if anywhere, seeing as most people quit half-way through).

Good-Luck.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
You might wanna upgrade to MySQLi, MySQL is gonna be removed from future PHP releases.

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
jT, he's doing it procedural so doubt he'll upgrade any time soon and use OOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread