Show DevBest delete meh

Do you like antFramework?

• No, it's horrible.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No, but it seems like a good framework.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, maybe in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm downloading it right now!

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Alright so, I get the lightweight part, but how in the world is this 'powerful'? If to be quite frank with you, all I see is ripped off parts of RevCMS, put together in a horribly messy manner to result in what you call 'antFramework'. Not that I'm accusing you of ripping, but you'll catch my drift eventually.

You said this 'framework' utilizes PDO for mysql handling, yet you release it with an incomplete if not, none existant database engine. Also, your 'antTpl' reminds me quite a lot of RevCMS's template engine, and if I were to be quite honest, I'd say you just edited a few parts then renamed it. Even the fact you use the keywords 'final' when you set a function, reminds me of RevCMS. Not only that, but if we take a look at your index file and compare it to RevCMS's index file, it'll remind us of Rev. Everything, from your .htaccess file to your 'antTpl', it's all Rev alike.

PHP:
/* Coming Soon

try {
    $pdo = new PDO('mysql:host='. $ant['PDO']['Hostname'] .';dbname=' . $ant['PDO']['Database'], $ant['PDO']['Username'], $ant['PDO']['Password']);
    $pdo->setAttribute(PDO::ATTR_ERRMODE, PDO::ERRMODE_EXCEPTION);
} catch(PDOException $e) {
    die('ERROR: ' . $e->getMessage());
}*/

Even that code sample makes me want to seperate my eyes from my face and throw them into a garbage can then light it up on fire, only to throw it deep down in an ocean after the fire settles down.

Also, it is highly unsuggestable to redirect in php and not kill the page after redirecting.

So this:
PHP:
                if($user->isLoggedIn()) {
                    header($ant['Site']['Location'] . '/backend/dashboard');
                }
Needs to be this:

PHP:
                    header('Location: '.$ant['Site']['Location'].'/backend/dashboard');
                    exit;
                }

Conclusion: I will never consider using this, and I would suggest everyone not to.

Last edited:

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Alright so, I get the lightweight part, but how in the world is this 'powerful'? If to be quite frank with you, all I see is ripped off parts of RevCMS, put together in a horribly messy manner to result in what you call 'antFramework'. Not that I'm accusing you of ripping, but you'll catch my drift eventually.

You said this 'framework' utilizes PDO for mysql handling, yet you release it with an incomplete if not, none existant database engine. Also, your 'antTpl' reminds me quite a lot of RevCMS's template engine, and if I were to be quite honest, I'd say you just edited a few parts then renamed it. Even the fact you use the keywords 'final' when you set a function, reminds me of RevCMS. Not only that, but if we take a look at your index file and compare it to RevCMS's index file, it'll remind us of Rev. Everything, from your .htaccess file to your 'antTpl', it's all Rev alike.

PHP:
/* Coming Soon

try {
    $pdo = new PDO('mysql:host='. $ant['PDO']['Hostname'] .';dbname=' . $ant['PDO']['Database'], $ant['PDO']['Username'], $ant['PDO']['Password']);
    $pdo->setAttribute(PDO::ATTR_ERRMODE, PDO::ERRMODE_EXCEPTION);
} catch(PDOException $e) {
    die('ERROR: ' . $e->getMessage());
}*/

Even that code sample makes me want to seperate my eyes from my face and throw them into a garbage can then light it up on fire, only to throw it deep down in an ocean after the fire settles down.

Also, it is highly unsuggestable to redirect in php and not kill the page after redirecting.

So this:
PHP:
                    header($ant['Site']['Location'] . '/backend/dashboard');
                }
Needs to be this:

PHP:
                    header('Location: '.$ant['Site']['Location'].'/backend/dashboard');
                    exit;
                }

Conclusion: I will never consider using this, and I would suggest everyone not to.
  1. I didn't copy it from RevCMS.
  2. You claim that my PDO is 'non-existant'. Maybe if you saw the main page of the demo template, you'd understand WHY it was commented out.
  3. Okay, thanks for telling me that info about exit. Although it, like the PDO, is not going to be in use until the next release.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Custom password hashing
PHP:
function antHash($string) {
    $hash = md5($string);
    $hash = substr($hash, 0, 8);
    $hash = md5($hash);

return $hash;
}
This is not custom and this is still weak because it is md5. At least use sha1 with random salt if not on PHP 5.5 where the password_hash() function is available.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
PHP:
function antHash($string) {
    $hash = md5($string);
    $hash = substr($hash, 0, 8);
    $hash = md5($hash);

return $hash;
}
This is not custom and this is still weak because it is md5. At least use sha1 with random salt if not on PHP 5.5 where the password_hash() function is available.
I know that you personally have a lot of experience, but can you explain why it's still weak? If I hash a segment of a hash, then when a person decrypts it they will get a piece of a MD5 hash which won't be of any use to them (I think). Correct me where I'm wrong please, I'm trying to learn.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
I know that you personally have a lot of experience, but can you explain why it's still weak? If I hash a segment of a hash, then when a person decrypts it they will get a piece of a MD5 hash which won't be of any use to them (I think). Correct me where I'm wrong please, I'm trying to learn.
Dictionary attacks, collision attacks, etc:
I'd recommend using a random salt and SHA256. That combination will protect you for the foreseeable future (as long as you don't do anything stupid).

Users who are viewing this thread