Dedicated Minecraft server (Taking suggestions)

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Hi guys I'm making a Minecraft server because I've decided to. Here's what my plans so far are:

I'll be running Cauldron so we can utilize Bukkit plugins. Ideally it will be a city based world, people are free to live outside of them of course but to be clear of PvP/PvE you must be in a guarded zone which can only be made by a city. The city protects from greifing, and we can talk about wars in the thread. Passive cities can exist but wars are so much fun!

Forge 1.17.10 for these mods: (I'll make a zip of them all)

(but in survival mode and limited to 1000 blocks per edit)

For plugins I was just going to use whatever faction/city plugin worked the best with this version as well as plot system. What else is needed?

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Towny is the only city plugin I know of.

I'd suggest other tech mods like mekanism, AE2 and/or refined storage

Maybe we additional tools like Tinkers Construct

onacceptable

Queen of the Button mashing
Oct 23, 2019
Good to see the old 1.7.10 back i would recommend a diffrent mc version (1.12.2) but upto you ofc and city plugin i am sure its easy to make ur own if u have specefic core plugins u can allways hit me up if u need help making one (even on discord 😉) cheers

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Surprised you guys aren't going with the new 1.18 update, it's pretty good although I still hate the new combat.
But there's a spigot plugin to revert it

Edit: Oh wait, you guys are doing a modded server nevermind. Thought it was vanilla with bukkit plugins 😛

onacceptable

Queen of the Button mashing
Oct 23, 2019
Surprised you guys aren't going with the new 1.18 update, it's pretty good although I still hate the new combat.

Edit: Oh wait, you guys are doing a modded server nevermind. Thought it was vanilla with bukkit plugins 😛
Why not modded with plugins in 1.18😏🤔

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011

Why not modded with plugins in 1.18😏🤔
This is the newest / most stable version of Minecraft supported by the major mods desired. It's unfortunate but a lot of the mods / plugins are discontinued.

Users who are viewing this thread