Decent Laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a laptop considering I'll be going away to University later this year (hopefully) and it'll be quite akward having to take my current desktop PC to student halls. The only problem is that I have a very small budget (£300). The best one I've found is this: which has a decent amount of processing power and memory.

Any other suggestions of laptops that are £300 or less would be helpful and I'd appreciate it so much ;).

N.B. £300 works out at about $470 USD.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
I would recommend the HP Pavilion G-Series. I currently own one, and have never had a problem with it - I got mine for $380 USD, and Best Buy has the G6 on sale for $400 right now, I personally like AMD processors better than intel, that's just me though.
Here's Mine:
One I'd Recommend:

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Never get AMD processors, the pc I'm currently using has dual core AMD athlon processors and my CPU usage using only ONE browser (chrome) and only one tab open is at 100% on one, and 90-92%, and that's not running anything else either.
just sitting here on google.
my other computer that has 1 intel processor runs at about 7% with the same situation.

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
Never get AMD processors, the pc I'm currently using has dual core AMD athlon processors and my CPU usage using only ONE browser (chrome) and only one tab open is at 100% on one, and 90-92%, and that's not running anything else either.
just sitting here on google.
my other computer that has 1 intel processor runs at about 7% with the same situation.
Thats maybe because your CPU is old and slower?

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
- Bid ends in 18 minutes quality HP Laptop on ebay good storage , HP models are great so you should check this out.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
- Bid ends in 18 minutes quality HP Laptop on ebay good storage , HP models are great so you should check this out.
I live in the UK so shipping costs would be astronomical. I would also prefer a new laptop.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
What sorta thing you looking to do on your PC? Gaming, coding ect. If you want a coding laptop, get a netbook :D (N150 Plus - My coding Netbook).

With a laptop, I pre-assume you would do both (If you can code), so I couldn't really recommend one for that, as I don't really game. But Lenovo is good choice to go with!

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
What sorta thing you looking to do on your PC? Gaming, coding ect. If you want a coding laptop, get a netbook :D (N150 Plus - My coding Netbook).

With a laptop, I pre-assume you would do both (If you can code), so I couldn't really recommend one for that, as I don't really game. But Lenovo is good choice to go with!
More just general gaming, browsing the internet etc. As I said, I'm going to University so not going to be using it 24/7.
That Fujistu looks exactly mine but abit crapper But Still, go for what you think...
That's nice?
What applications are you planning to run?
Applied for Microbiology/Immunology/Biomedical sciences at:
Strathclyde University
Glasgow Caledonian University
University of the West of Scotland
Stirling University
Scottish Agricultural College (Yes, it is a uni.)

Had offers from UWS and Caley. (Both conditional.)

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
More just general gaming, browsing the internet etc. As I said, I'm going to University so not going to be using it 24/7.

That's nice?

Applied for Microbiology/Immunology/Biomedical sciences at:
Strathclyde University
Glasgow Caledonian University
University of the West of Scotland
Stirling University
Scottish Agricultural College (Yes, it is a uni.)

Had offers from UWS and Caley. (Both conditional.)
I could have a look for some laptops if you want later on? Lenovo' Laptops are the best to go with what you are using to be honest.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
I prefer HP Laptops, I would recommend against Lenovo because my mother has one. I don't like the ergonomics of her laptop and the specs can get to be pretty bad. In the end it's up to you, but I would really recommend looking at Best Buy's selections. If you don't want HP, my next recommendation is going to be a Toshiba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread