#DB10 - The Decade Retrospective

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
Personally I would like to see some clear and concise rules added to the forum, I know different sections have different rules regarding releases but I mean general terms and conditions as the link in the footer does not work, same should go for the discord server which I was banned from for no reason at all apart from sending a invite to all my contacts and which one was a member of staff here who decided to take a strop and ban me rather than ignore the invite, I had not invited on the actual devbest discord server in anyway.

Then we have rules that seem to be created and put into action without any real notification to the userbase, people getting banned because a member of staff just feels butt hurt does not advertise well to new users or if a banned member just shares their story of getting banned for a breaking a rule the community is not aware of until a member is banned.

Clear out some of the toxic people here or treat everyone the same, it should not matter if you have been here 1 day or 10 years, the same rules should apply to everyone because this favouritism at times does really get peoples back up

There are sections such as MU online that I have seen is very big from my customer base, there are a lot of forums about this but very few actually moderated and updated, this could possibly be added.

The market place could be added back but only for verified sellers, maybe setup some kind of verification process before they can sell anything such as web design or coding services ect as people are always looking to sell such services even more so during covid looking at ways to earn a little extra if they cannot do their normal everyday job.

You could maybe use some of the addon modules for xenforo that gives invite rewards / coins that could be redeemed to things like a months sub or something

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Personally I would like to see some clear and concise rules added to the forum, I know different sections have different rules regarding releases but I mean general terms and conditions as the link in the footer does not work, same should go for the discord server which I was banned from for no reason at all apart from sending a invite to all my contacts and which one was a member of staff here who decided to take a strop and ban me rather than ignore the invite, I had not invited on the actual devbest discord server in anyway.

Then we have rules that seem to be created and put into action without any real notification to the userbase, people getting banned because a member of staff just feels butt hurt does not advertise well to new users or if a banned member just shares their story of getting banned for a breaking a rule the community is not aware of until a member is banned.

Clear out some of the toxic people here or treat everyone the same, it should not matter if you have been here 1 day or 10 years, the same rules should apply to everyone because this favouritism at times does really get peoples back up

There are sections such as MU online that I have seen is very big from my customer base, there are a lot of forums about this but very few actually moderated and updated, this could possibly be added.

The market place could be added back but only for verified sellers, maybe setup some kind of verification process before they can sell anything such as web design or coding services ect as people are always looking to sell such services even more so during covid looking at ways to earn a little extra if they cannot do their normal everyday job.

You could maybe use some of the addon modules for xenforo that gives invite rewards / coins that could be redeemed to things like a months sub or something

Alright so the first part of your post kind of a bit hypocritical in a way, and probably also shows a big part of the issue. Within this thread, and in the comments, it's clearly stated that talking about moderation is not an allowed subject within this thread. People feel like they are personally being targeted or moderation is wrong because they don't see they are actually breaking the rules. What makes this worse, is that everyone who gets warned never actually engages in a civil conversation why they are limited. It almost always directly goes into flaming.

But, I do like how you formatted your comment. I would like to go into a conversation with you in how we can improve the rules, in an effort to clear up confusion and the feeling that people are targeted due to a staff members emotional state.

As for going after toxic people, you're opening up kind of a paradox here. People have their own perspectives on what makes a user toxic. And the biggest part in this, is that most people that are complaining about toxicity are often the people who also receive the most warnings. Personally, the reason I am direct in the way I moderate, is to actually get the toxicity in here down a lot. But at the same time, I know that a big part of your post is about me due to certain disagreements between us. See the hard part here?

With that, I would like to close the above subjects. For any follow ups about those, please send me a PM.

Could you elaborate on the MU part?

As for the marketplace, this is indeed an idea that we have on our Trello board to have a look at. Thoughts on how we can improve the marketplace, please share with us.

The last one is also in the works. Ideas for plugins etc. can be shared in here.

Users who are viewing this thread