Daily Gift Help

Obbler

GFX Noob
Oct 2, 2016
Hi there,

I want to implement a variation of a daily gift in my Hotel. I have two different types, one being the daily gift when you actually enter the client (Popup message and currencies given) then another type which is one similar to the one on PlayTwist.

The PlayTwist gift is via the CMS and you click "Free Gift" and a random rare is added to your inventory in-game. I've had a big search around for resources based on how to do this but can't find anything, is anyone able to give me some guidance or point me to a thread which explains this? It's not exactly a daily gift thing that I'm after but I plan to use the basis and edit it a bit.

Thanks in advance :)

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Hi there,

I want to implement a variation of a daily gift in my Hotel. I have two different types, one being the daily gift when you actually enter the client (Popup message and currencies given) then another type which is one similar to the one on PlayTwist.

The PlayTwist gift is via the CMS and you click "Free Gift" and a random rare is added to your inventory in-game. I've had a big search around for resources based on how to do this but can't find anything, is anyone able to give me some guidance or point me to a thread which explains this? It's not exactly a daily gift thing that I'm after but I plan to use the basis and edit it a bit.

Thanks in advance :)
This kind of work already exists but not in the same concept. For example, take a look at the give a user a room on their first login. This could be changed to an item which goes into the users inventory, you would have to add an alert as well as resetting the timer every 24 hours or something though. Haven't seen something like this released either.

Not much help but nobody replied :(

Jmando

Mar 5, 2012
I use to do this with mus commands back on phoenix!
I'm not sure of them on plus yet I really haven't thought about it...

Use to do it like this.. Note this is for users who brought VIP from my websites shop but you get what I mean.. Mus commands are way easier than making user reload every time he enters client on a new day!
PHP:
dbquery("UPDATE users SET rank = '2' WHERE id = '$user_id'");
$core->Mus('updatevip', USER_ID);
$core->Mus('giveitem', $user_id.' 3830 134 VIP donation gift!');

Obbler

GFX Noob
Oct 2, 2016
This kind of work already exists but not in the same concept. For example, take a look at the give a user a room on their first login. This could be changed to an item which goes into the users inventory, you would have to add an alert as well as resetting the timer every 24 hours or something though. Haven't seen something like this released either.

Not much help but nobody replied :(

That's the thing, haven't seen it released and I'm more graphics/management minded. Not amazing when it comes to development. Another tricky part is actually making the item random, I want to do some things further from just a daily login bonus but I want it to be random and configurable (Just change the chances of said item, etc.)

Idk how practical a 24 hour alert thing would work. I was wanting something CMS based, which gets tricky.

As another alternative is it possible to have a furni item be double clicked and it disappears, a message is display, and a random item is given (Think like a gift with multiple items, or the furnimatic boxes on habbo)? This would work too.

I use to do this with mus commands back on phoenix!
I'm not sure of them on plus yet I really haven't thought about it...

Use to do it like this.. Note this is for users who brought VIP from my websites shop but you get what I mean.. Mus commands are way easier than making user reload every time he enters client on a new day!
PHP:
dbquery("UPDATE users SET rank = '2' WHERE id = '$user_id'");
$core->Mus('updatevip', USER_ID);
$core->Mus('giveitem', $user_id.' 3830 134 VIP donation gift!');

I believe PlusEmu doesn't have the giveitem mus commands, from reading Sledmores reply on his profile. Also, please read my reply to JMG above if you think that the furni idea would be more practical :)

Thanks so far for the comments though guys.

Users who are viewing this thread