Daft Punk is over-rated

Cadger

Mar 20, 2013
Ok, I just want to put this out there but, I personally love Daft Punk however, their song "Get Lucky" is being worshiped by everyone! The song is just ok... People are saying it's innovative but, personally I think that LCD Soundsystem had a similar sound before them (being disco and electro). Feel free to disagree with me I'm interested to see everyone's opinions.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Disliking one song makes a duo that helped make electronic music popular 'overrated'?

Also, the guitar rift from by Nile Rodgers is much better than anything in the LCD Soundsystem song you posted. Not to mention, one of the reasons LCD Soundsystem is famous is because of Daft Punk is Playing at my House.

In my opinion, American electronic/house music has never compared with France's. Daft Punk, Justice, Danger, Kavinsky are amazing.

Cadger

Mar 20, 2013
Disliking one song makes a duo that helped make electronic music popular 'overrated'?

Also, the guitar rift from by Nile Rodgers is much better than anything in the LCD Soundsystem song you posted. Not to mention, one of the reasons LCD Soundsystem is famous is because of Daft Punk is Playing at my House.

In my opinion, American electronic/house music has never compared with France's. Daft Punk, Justice, Danger, Kavinsky are amazing.

Nice point, very valid. I disagree with you calling them the duo that made electronic music popular. My arguement wasn't that LCD soundsystem were better... more with the point that they aren't innovative- its nothing new like people say it's a fresh new sound also if you read my post I said the song was ok. I also said I love Daft Punk.... did you even read the post? You can also like something and say its over-rated at the same time... My problem isn't with Daft Punk but, their fanboys

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Nice point, very valid. I disagree with you calling them the duo that made electronic music popular. My arguement wasn't that LCD soundsystem were better... more with the point that they aren't innovative- its nothing new like people say it's a fresh new sound also if you read my post I said the song was ok. I also said I love Daft Punk.... did you even read the post? You can also like something and say its over-rated at the same time... My problem isn't with Daft Punk but, their fanboys
I said they helped make electronic music popular. Electronic and house music in the 90's was popular mainly in Europe (besides a few places like Chicago and New York City). After Alive 1997, electronic music became a big thing in America and the rest of the world.

Your thread title is misleading. I think you meant for it to be Daft Punk's 'Get Lucky' is overrated (which I still disagree with). It is innovative/new for Daft Punk because they are a duo who uses a lot of samples to make their music. It would've been nothing new if they sampled the guitar rift instead of getting Nile Rodgers to do it himself.

Disco and electronic music is nothing new, but it is a new sound for Daft Punk. Posting LCD Soundsystem's song was a mistake in my opinion because it doesn't compare in terms of innovation and being a catchy tune.

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
It's not because you find the song "ok" that it means it's not a GREAT song for others. I personally don't like country music, but I'm pretty sure there is at least 1 country songs that will be remembered forever that country music fans love but that I will never want to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread