PC Cube World - Why such do so many people have lag? [HELP!]

Minecraft or Cube World?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Planet

Jul 31, 2012
Hello dear gamers!

I found out about Cube World this morning when it was marked as recommended on my YouTube page.
Anyway, I gave it a try and it seems to be a great game which will sure become real popular soon.
But I have that weird lag that lowers my FPS to somewhere inbetween 1-5 fps.
What I mean to say is that I can only have up to 5 frames per second (!).
Why?! I can run various games from Minecraft (which is pretty similair to this game) to Combat Arms at highest resolution: no lag! In Minecraft I even can easily make it up to 120 fps with normal render distance.

I'm just too confused and I'd really appreciate it if someone could clarify this to me, and all others having this same problem, as all google results were threads similair to this one - with not-working solutions.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Cube World:

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Give me you'r Computer specs. (Mainly the Graphic Card)

The reason why people have lagg is because there graphical rendering capabilities are shit. Or a slow ISP.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
KibG7Lk.png

Is that suited to yours?

Planet

Jul 31, 2012
Graphics Card (I admit - it's minimum requirement): nVidia GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a - 256Mb
4.00 GB RAM - AMD Athlon X2 225 processor 3.11GHz
Running on licensed Windows 7 Home Premium.
EDIT: it's 64 bit :)

I know my computer is not really meant for gaming and it's already 2 years old, but this game doesn't seem like it would take over 1gb of graphic card memory or something like that, does it?

KibG7Lk.png

Is that suited to yours?
Not sure about 3.0 shader model, how do I check that?

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Graphics Card (I admit - it's minimum requirement): nVidia GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a - 256Mb

I know my computer is not really meant for gaming and it's already 2 years old, but this game doesn't seem like it would take over 1gb of graphic card memory or something like that, does it?

To my knowledge that Card should fulfil the requirements. But, it's inter-grated and was not developed for Gaming.

It does have a 3.0 shader.

Planet

Jul 31, 2012
It does have a 3.0 shader.

I thought so, it is like you mentioned not made for gaming but it should as fulfills the requirements..
Maybe any of you has a solution to speed stuff up or any solution-like thing that could reduce the lag?

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
EDIT: it's 64 bit :)

To determine the version of DirectX you have running:
1. Click on the Start menu, then "Run".

2. In the "Run" box type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and click "Ok". This will open up the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

3. In the System tab, listed under the "System Information" heading you should see a "DirectX Version" listed.

4. Match your DirectX version with the Shader version listed below.

Once you've determined the version of DirectX running on your PC you can use the below chart to determin what Shader Model version is supported.
Please note DirectX versions prior to DirectX 8.0 do not support shader models
• DirectX 8.0 - Shader Model 1.0 & 1.1
• DirectX 8.0a - Shader Model 1.3
• DirectX 8.1 - Shader Model 1.4
• DirectX 9.0 - Shader Model 2.0
• DirectX 9.0a - Shader Model 2.0a
• DirectX 9.0b - Shader Model 2.0b
• DirectX 9.0c - Shader Model 3.0
• DirectX 10.0* - Shader Model 4.0
• DirectX 10.1* - Shader Model 4.1
• DirectX 11.0* - Shader Model 5.0
• DirectX 11.1*† - Shader Model 5.0
*Not available for Windows XP OS
†Only available for Windows 8 OS

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Remember that Cube World is still an alpha build, and to expect issues. I do recall that people with intergrated graphics cards were complaining about having issues, I'm sure it'll get fixed. You also have to remember that Cube World is being built by only one guy.

Planet

Jul 31, 2012
It's version 11.0 - Highest available as you mentioned. That means shader model 5.0, so that's fine isn't it?

Yeah I knew that, lots of people mentioned that, but it's not a solution, that's why I thought I could ask some of you guys on DevBest. If you guys don't know the answer, then there is no answer.
Btw. I like the new forum layout, it's like the one on bukkit.org :)

Let's hope it'll get fixed soon or late (I prefer soon)

Thanks for your replies people :)

Users who are viewing this thread