CSS Hat

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Well I've no idea what made me find this, but after trawling the Internet for a bit during a long spell of being bored, I came across this: CSS Hat.

I must say, it is one of the best plug-in's I have ever come across.

It basically translates Photoshop layers into CSS code to copy & paste into your CSS file to be able to use the code and have it identical to your Photoshop layer.

But, it does come at a cost, £19 ($29.99). Personally I don't have it as I don't do much design work, but if I was a designer I would definitely be purchasing this.

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
My favorite step from that website is step three.

Looks pretty good; like... wow.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Yeah, it's really good.

They're making some nice income from it too, they celebrated their 1,000'th customer in June 2012 and if they're selling it $29.99 per license that's $29,990 and that'd have risen from last year.

What made me giggle was on their , this guys t-shirt, very professional!

yszYbwy.png

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
When the plugin is done, does it give you class names and id names, that you need to code an actual page with the same names and shit. Im probally not thinking right but this seems complex as you need to follow predefnied code

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
When the plugin is done, does it give you class names and id names, that you need to code an actual page with the same names and shit. Im probally not thinking right but this seems complex as you need to follow predefnied code

Nope, you write the class names and stuff yourself. So essentially you write

Code:
div.blue-button {

}

And CSS Hat provides you with the code to place within the braces.

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
This is great but this strikes another question in my mind, doesn't this seem like a little cheating. people devote their time and soul into great practice into learning web designing, and a lot of web designers would lose work off of this. personally i would never use it, just like how i would never use Dreamweaver as it is bad practice and it seems a little cheap, how do you feel about this?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
OOooooo, nice share here Mark. I will defiantly be checking this out, I hate slicing etc when it comes to designing and this will help a great deal. Thanks for this.

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
Nope, you write the class names and stuff yourself. So essentially you write

Code:
div.blue-button {

}

And CSS Hat provides you with the code to place within the braces.

There actually is an option for them to do it for you, just click the brackets ----> {}

Also it's pretty cool, here was my photoshop mockup:
lTf9waQ.png

& here is it coded:

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
There actually is an option for them to do it for you, just click the brackets ----> {}

Also it's pretty cool, here was my photoshop mockup:
lTf9waQ.png

& here is it coded:

What can you make the design in? is it only Photoshop or can it be any Adobe software such as Illustrator etc.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
I use CSS hat and have used it in a long time. Mostly for small elements like button-, textarea and other control styles. No doubt it does a fine job - with a lot of cool mixins to make your CSS/LESS cleaner.

I recommend you to buy this along with ($19.99), ($19), ($19), (Free)

Users who are viewing this thread