Cron scripter for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

leenster

Dec 26, 2011
Hey guys, I had this fantastic idea. I came up with Cron scripter.

What is it?
Have you ever wanted to run cron scripts on IIS? the only way to do that right now is to use the task scheduler on windows.

This program will sit in you tray and run PHP scripts whenever you want them to run .. X amount of seconds since last execution.

What i have planned is a MYSQL table like they use in UberCMS. the program will check with one minute intervals to see if it is time to run a script and execute it when needed.

I am not sure if i should make it a Windows service or just a regular program that starts with windows and sits in the taskbar but i will make a decision on that later on when i'm back from lacrosse practice :)

Let me know what u guys think of this idea. I will start working on this later on tonight and will post my progress.

Started working on the Application as promised. I created the simple database and made the database connection in c#.

Here is a early screenshot.

cron_scripter.png

Hopefully you guys get the idea of what i am trying to do here :)

EDIT:
Added a start and stop button.
Added a Configuration program.
Minimize will go to the system tray.
Added a log file to track missing cron scripts.

BETA 1 can be downloaded at

leenster

Dec 26, 2011
I have it to the point that it updates the executing_last at the right intervals.

Whats left to do?

1. Execute the PHP scripts, this should be pretty simple.
2. Add Timer Start and Stop Buttons so you can pause the Cron Scripts
2. Make a configuration file for the db info.
3. Make it so you can add Cron Scripts on the main window.
4. Release a BETA.

This is going a lot easier than i thought it would go. I find it strange that MS has not integrated this feature in to IIS.

Little update.

Added the start and stop timers.
Minimize will now go to tray.
PHP scripts are being executed on time.
Log added to track missing scripts.

Configuration read and write is done.

BETA 1 can be downloaded at

Please let me know if there are problems.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Looks nice, I'll test it right now. Only one problem -- this can only be used on a VPS. Why not make a PHP version with a fully functional panel to manage it.

leenster

Dec 26, 2011
Looks nice, I'll test it right now. Only one problem -- this can only be used on a VPS. Why not make a PHP version with a fully functional panel to manage it.

I am working on adding a PHP admin panel to manage the cron jobs, also adding a exe version.

PHP can not run at intervals by itself so i can not do this with PHP only (as far as i know). That's why i chose C# to do this.

I updated the download, fixed some small issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread