Creating a V26 Habbo Retro

FearofGod

Make v26 great again
Jul 19, 2011
I used to run v26 habbo retros back in 2015/14 and I had fun doing it. It was called HabboDays or Soul Hotel. It was extremely close to "Force Hotel" .

Anyways, I was wondering if it is possible to run a PHPRetro web based server with Holograph Emulator, or if it is even worth it. I am taking up Cyber Security at the moment so it would be a nice little project to have on the side while I learn how Network Security works and apply it to this server. Holograph Emu probably works but I am worried about the DCRs and the external variables and text.

Sorry if I sound like a sket, It's been a while.
And if in the event I decide to build this project, I do not expect for it to be very big.

Bump

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
When you ask is it even worth it, what do you mean? I dont think anyone else can tell you what is worth you spending your time on; I believe that comes down to what you enjoy. If you mean it as in will people play, id say you can work up to 20 daily. I play a v15 that hits 12 online at times.

Why wouldnt PHPRetro + Holo work? Just use xampp or something similar, as PHPRetro depends on an Apache based server if i'm not mistaken.

FearofGod

Make v26 great again
Jul 19, 2011
yeah, but the biggest thing I'm worried about is shockwave..
I heard google is done with shockwave and people have to resort to alternative browsers to access the clients.

I had a very decent retro that was exactly like force hotel, I am willing to put in the work to recreate and better it securely and improve my knowledge.

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
yeah, but the biggest thing I'm worried about is shockwave..
I heard google is done with shockwave and people have to resort to alternative browsers to access the clients.

I had a very decent retro that was exactly like force hotel, I am willing to put in the work to recreate and better it securely and improve my knowledge.
I mean, I use Seamonkey browser as my daily web browser and it handles Shockwave just fine. Its an open source browser that is overseen by the Mozilla project and is imo the best web browser out there.

There are at least 4 browsers that support Shockwave with no issues what so ever. Theres also an effort in the private sectors to create a v15 client in Java so in 2020 when Flash/Shockwave are deprecated, old school will live on.

Whats worth it are factors that you must decide. I only tinker with old school Habbo v26 and before because that is whats fun to me, whats nostalgic, and what i find enjoyable.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
If you're looking for a small project to reminisce then sure, go for it. If you're looking to open and compete against some larger hotels, I'd use R63B.

Wouldn't know where to get working DCR packs and/or the Shockwave problem is annoying as only certain browsers allow using it.

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
If you're looking for a small project to reminisce then sure, go for it. If you're looking to open and compete against some larger hotels, I'd use R63B.

Wouldn't know where to get working DCR packs and/or the Shockwave problem is annoying as only certain browsers allow using it.
Finding the DCR's is as easy as Googling, "Habbo DCR Mega Project" there is like a 20GB dump of DCRs and CCTs.

@Mycroft is correct though, if you want to compete against larger hotels, perhaps old school is not the best route.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
I mean, I use Seamonkey browser as my daily web browser and it handles Shockwave just fine. Its an open source browser that is overseen by the Mozilla project and is imo the best web browser out there.

There are at least 4 browsers that support Shockwave with no issues what so ever. Theres also an effort in the private sectors to create a v15 client in Java so in 2020 when Flash/Shockwave are deprecated, old school will live on.

Whats worth it are factors that you must decide. I only tinker with old school Habbo v26 and before because that is whats fun to me, whats nostalgic, and what i find enjoyable.
palemoon is a common browser for shockwave retros

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
I really appreciate your help guys @Mycroft @Kak @treebeard

And yeah I'm not gonna compete against more complex retros. Not everybody knows how to use the old school interface so I expect no more than 20 online daily.
Is there any tips you guys wish to give me before I start this project?
Just make everything free, make rares easy to get but also scaled to a point where there are commons rares and supers, try to fix bugs, maybe try to get battleball going again, bonus points if you can reverse engineer some snowstorm (;

Either way you can count on me making an appearance ^.^

FearofGod

Make v26 great again
Jul 19, 2011
fz9hu9.jpg

If you remember Force Hotel, It's going to be exactly like. It's going to be the best retro. I've ran some good retros with some friends back in my day so it's going to be a breeze.

I had the our very own custom furniture coded into the shop. You could buy custom furniture with "points" right from the customs shop like in force hotel. We had a lottery system and shit like that. It was basically a whole reincarnation of force hotel. But this was Soul Hotel and I was betrayed and the owner stole all of my work and opened without me.

Then @Chuckster employed me to work on HabboDays and I did alot more with this team because of they had a mission and I really fucked with it. This version had our own custom furniture and our economy was fucking great.

I really can't wait to get this up and running :)

Attachments

• received_10204496655673570.jpeg
    received_10204496655673570.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
fz9hu9.jpg

If you remember Force Hotel, It's going to be exactly like. It's going to be the best retro. I've ran some good retros with some friends back in my day so it's going to be a breeze.

I had the our very own custom furniture coded into the shop. You could buy custom furniture with "points" right from the customs shop like in force hotel. We had a lottery system and shit like that. It was basically a whole reincarnation of force hotel. But this was Soul Hotel and I was betrayed and the owner stole all of my work and opened without me.

Then @Chuckster employed me to work on HabboDays and I did alot more with this team because of they had a mission and I really fucked with it. This version had our own custom furniture and our economy was fucking great.

Post a thread in the advertisement section when it's up for the public.

if u are really going through with this then u might have some competition
what the hell is that? the game runs so odd and it keeps crashing :confused:

rent

Sep 24, 2012
fz9hu9.jpg

i opened a v26 awhile ago, had a remake of Force's cms (basically) and worked on it for awhile. it was fun. goodluck to you if you do make this again though. i love old schools.

Users who are viewing this thread