Creating a CMS?

Kratos

Sep 14, 2017
How does one create their own CMS? I've seen retros powered by (hotelname)CMS and was wondering how do you make your own. I want to mainly edit the way my retro's website looks and the layout of it.

Heres a few questions I have:
Where do I start?
What kind of coding language do I need to know?
Do I need specific software(s)? (heard of Bootstrap/Lavarel) but no idea what that is

Sorry if this thread is too broad, I'm new to this but everyone starts off somewhere..

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL/MySQLi/PDO - please note that MySQL is deprecated in php v5 and removed in php v7+
You should also know JavaScript, and C# if you want to code anytype of web sockets.

Jerry

not rly active lol
Jul 8, 2013
In order to make your "own" CMS, you will need to learn the following:

Front-end:
  • HTML (the easiest markup language you'll ever learn)
  • CSS
  • JavaScript / jQuery
If you want to base your website off a front-end/CSS framework, then you can use one of the following:
  • - Bootstrap
  • - Skeleton
  • - PureCSS
  • - MaterialCSS
  • - UIKit
  • - Bulma
Back-end:
It depends on how you want to code the website with. I've seen some developers on this forum creating websites with NodeJS.

If you want to code the website in PHP, you can try out Laravel ( ) - it's fast.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
i think he means editing the cms as in changing the logo, header, background and images etc. which u dont need to know how to code to do that

Users who are viewing this thread