Convert From UberCMS to RevCMS

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
Want to convert from UberCMS to RevCMS? I figured out how to do it :)... First off open up your class.core.php file. Then scroll all the way to the bottom till you find this code.
Code:
final public function hashed($password)
    {
        return md5($password);
    }
Change that this
Code:
final public function hashed($password)
{
return sha1($password . "HASH CODE HERE");
}
Now this is how rev hashes their passwords. Next we will change this to how uber does it, open up your ubercms config file and find this
Code:
$config['Site']['hash_secret'] = "HASH CODE HERE";
Copy the hash code and go back to the class.core.php file in revcms. Now go back to the HASH CODE HERE in the edit we did in the core. Now just copy the has code into where it says, save the file and your set!

Give me a like ;)

Xyro

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2011
In what way does this change UberCMS into RevCMS? Is it the whole cms itself or just parts of it.

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
In what way does this change UberCMS into RevCMS? Is it the whole cms itself or just parts of it.
This is how if you were using UberCMS you would switch to RevCMS without having to wipe your database.

Xyro

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2011
Oh right, well thanks for this ;P. Hopefully this will help out users who eventually find out that RevCMS is the top dog of cms' ^^

Jake7282

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
Jan 2, 2012
so this is all you have to do to change from uber to rev? the whole or just parts?

Brennen

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia
Nov 6, 2011
Can you do a tut on how to change a UberCMS index page to work with RevCMS?

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
Can you do a tut on how to change a UberCMS index page to work with RevCMS?
Basically you just have to change the fuctions! Ill give it a whack :) Ill pm you some proggies if i get it done!

so this is all you have to do to change from uber to rev? the whole or just parts?
Should be depending on the hashes and such, and if you have any other functions you wanna merge.

Brennen

Nov 6, 2011
Basically you just have to change the fuctions! Ill give it a whack :) Ill pm you some proggies if i get it done!

Should be depending on the hashes and such, and if you have any other functions you wanna merge.
Basically, I just want to change some of those cool index pages from innhabbo to work with revcms :D

Brennen

Nov 6, 2011
That ones is nice :D

that one isnt bad,
MY FAVOURITE ONE!!
21bbbaf9.png

Users who are viewing this thread