Recruiting Community Manager [Duplex]

Rama

Jan 4, 2011
Hello all

I've recently opened a R63B hotel, fully updated to the current habbo version as of 10/03/14 with the help of my co-owner, Michael. I am currently looking for a appropriate candidate to take on the role as Community Manager here at Duplex. The community manager that I'm looking for must be a enthusiastic mature individual who has a lot of time on there hands. We are a new hotel that just opened today and would like to get our staff sorted out before we launch to public.

Requirements for a community manager -
* Must stay active atleast 2 hours a day
* Loyal towards the management
* Loves to help expand the community, enhancing the gaming experience for everyone
* (Not neccessary) Have past experience in other hotels, I will be checking via a referall proccess if so
* Loves to communicate with users, very sociable
* Perfect Grammar & very patient.
* Love working as a team

Want to apply? Great!
Please post a comment below answering the following in much detail as possible so that it would be easier for me to assess you:

1) Name
2) Age
3) Timezone
4) Why you would like to join the team
5) Why should we pick you rather then someone else
6) Past experience (if any)
7) What do you know about a community manager?
8) How long will you be able to spend on the hotel if we was to hire you?
9) How would you prefer the communication? (Skype, msn etc...)
10) Please state anything else you would like to tell us here.

Thank you and goodluck, applications will close as soon as I find the appropriate candidate to take on the role, so hurry up! :)

Last edited:

Ramone

GFX & Design Artist
Jan 2, 2014
1) Name : Rushane Chambers
2) Age : 15
3) Timezone : (GMT + 0:00)
4) Why you would like to join the team : The reason why I would love to join the team is because, I feel that every hotel needs a staff member that is willing to go out of his/hers way to make the hotel a better and safer place. I also feel I can bring new and exiting idea's which hopefully could benefit the hotel.
5) Why should we pick you rather then someone else : The reason why you should pick me is because, I am a hard worker I will not give up on anything I set my mind to. I also take small matters seriously, because I feel it could eventually sprout into something huge in the future and cause problems. I also am a fun and funny member I enjoy making people laugh. :)
6) Past experience : I have worked on a few retros in my time, non famous but some that had a active users, I also owned a few retros as well.
7) What do you know about a community manager : Community managers are staff in charge of an entire Habbo community. They do many things, including moderation, advertising, competitions and events, technical duties, and others.
8) How long will you be able to spend on the hotel if we was to hire you? : I would spend 5 - 7 hours daily, but If I have a issue or a event I have to attend to I would inform you before the day comes.
9) How would you prefer the communication? (Skype, msn etc...) : I would prefer Skype, as I am always on it during most of my day. :)
10) Please state anything else you would like to tell us here : I also like creating new event's like Movie Nights and RoplePlays within the Retro.

:)

Lemerz

Sep 21, 2013
1) Name : Keyon Meeks
2) Age : 15
3) Timezone :
4) Why you would like to join the team : I have an great reason i wanna join the team . I think I can provide more and more new idea and things to the hotel , also i an very well with the Users . I will report to my duty as requested or on my time i have . Also there is one thing i do best and that bring the potential out of your hotel , I will do everything i can to gain users or even bring an new development idea to the table .

5) Why should we pick you rather then someone else : You should choose me over someone else because I am an great staff member , I have goal toward everything in the community ,whether it looking for an new staff member or an new event . I will have an goal for it . An like any other staff member i will bring as many events and users as i can .

6) Past experience (if any) :
Habzig Hotel : Owner
FlexHabbo : Client.Content Developer
Hebzo Hotel : Administrator
Spectrum Hotel : Technician/Staff Member

7) What do you know about a community manager? : An community manager is the person who runs the community , This person is in charge of bring new things toward the community , Like events and hiring staff . This user make the other users of the hotel happy and very well excited about being on the hotel itself .

8) How long will you be able to spend on the hotel if we was to hire you? : I will be available 2-3 hours
9) How would you prefer the communication? (Skype, msn etc...) : keyon.meeks

10) Please state anything else you would like to tell us here.

Hello I am Liam, Co-Owner of FlexHabbo/Widehotel. Keyon Meeks was fired for breaking our hotel, And being to young to work for us at the age of 12.

Rama

Jan 4, 2011
Hello I am Liam, Co-Owner of FlexHabbo/Widehotel. Keyon Meeks was fired for breaking our hotel, And being to young to work for us at the age of 12.

Thanks for the referall, I will take it into consideration when reviewing the applications on 22/03/14

Keyon

The Realest Nigga Ever
Dec 22, 2013
Rama . If you do , please know that , Community manager doesn't need VPS Information

Keyon

The Realest Nigga Ever
Dec 22, 2013
1) Name : Keyon Meeks
2) Age : 12
3) Timezone :
4) Why you would like to join the team : I have an great reason i wanna join the team . I think I can provide more and more new idea and things to the hotel , also i an very well with the Users . I will report to my duty as requested or on my time i have . Also there is one thing i do best and that bring the potential out of your hotel , I will do everything i can to gain users or even bring an new development idea to the table .

5) Why should we pick you rather then someone else : You should choose me over someone else because I am an great staff member , I have goal toward everything in the community ,whether it looking for an new staff member or an new event . I will have an goal for it . An like any other staff member i will bring as many events and users as i can .

6) Past experience (if any) :
Habzig Hotel : Owner
FlexHabbo : Client.Content Developer ( Fired for an serious problem , im going to resolve before I do . )

Hebzo Hotel : Administrator
Spectrum Hotel : Technician/Staff Member

7) What do you know about a community manager? : An community manager is the person who runs the community , This person is in charge of bring new things toward the community , Like events and hiring staff . This user make the other users of the hotel happy and very well excited about being on the hotel itself .

8) How long will you be able to spend on the hotel if we was to hire you? : I will be available 2-3 hours
9) How would you prefer the communication? (Skype, msn etc...) : keyon.meeks

10) Please state anything else you would like to tell us here. :

Some people from FlexHabbo have some issues with me , I will handle before anything else happens .

I am 12 years of age , but iI don`t think it will be an issue later.

Gigas

Jan 8, 2012
1) Name: Matthew

2) Age: 18

3) Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

4) Why you would like to join the team: I would like to join the team due to my desire to help people. Also, I would like to join the team due to my previous experience, as well as my patience with a community, and I would like to join the team for my ability with communications. If a user is having difficulties with someone, I will communicate the issue with both individuals. I will never log out until the issue is resolved and both individuals are satisfied.

5) Why should we pick you rather than someone else: I should be selected because I enjoy helping people and will not care to do so. I will spend hours assisting someone, even if it requires that I stay online all night. Also, I will ensure that every user will have fun events to participate in, I will host events when necessary. I do enjoy working in a team environment and to help moderators if they need it. I am very sociable within a community, I do welcome everyone to the hotel and will try to start a conversation with them. Some people will not talk back, but I try to talk to them anyway. With me, I never log out if people are not satisfied, even if I must be online all night to ensure the satisfaction of the community, I will do it. I am very dedicated to the community I manage, the users are very important to me and I will show each of them the respect they deserve. I do punish people accordingly, based on their actions and the severity of the offense, especially if they are advertising or being abusive towards someone. I will not tolerate abusive behavior shown towards anyone, action will be took based on the severity of the abuse. I will never abuse my authority, I use my power to help people and to maintain a friendly community. I always ensure that advertisers are kept off of the hotel and remain banned, I will never give anyone a warning if they advertise on our hotel. I will never disrespect a user, no matter how much they are using abusive language towards me; I will remain calm and punish them accordingly, I will not argue with anyone. I do enjoy making friends, but I am not afraid to punish the people I befriended, whether they may be my "best friend" in the hotel. If they break the rules, they will be punished, I do not go easy on someone due to my friendship status with the individual. In the past, I have banned 'friends' for violating the rules, whether it is advertising, abusive behavior, etc, they were punished accordingly. Over the duration I have spent in the retro community, I had to deal with multiple scenarios, some were different and some were identical. No matter the scenario, I always make the correct decision that will benefit each individual involved in the situation. An example of scenarios I had to deal with are: abusive behavior, sexual exploitation, differences between users, as well as advertisers, and different scenarios. Some scenarios are ridiculous and no action issued to anyone, especially if two people have a disagreement about a specific topic. Both individuals went to me about the issue and I tried to get them to work our differences and to accept each other's opinions. I do work alongside the users to workout whatever issue they are having with another individual, sometimes I can spend five minutes with two people and sometimes I can be working with them all night. I did work from midnight to five o'clock in the morning to assist with people and the issues they were having; some issues involved other people and some issues involved the client. When they are in need, I will never log out.

6) Past experience (if any): My past experience are as followed but not limited to:
Management/Administrative Positions: Social Hotel (Manager and Forum Administrator), TrueHabb Hotel (Administrator, later became Head Manager), Beeb Hotel (Head Administrator, later became Co-Owner), Jebba Hotel (Deputy Administrator), and Redex Hotel (Junior Administrator and Forum Moderator).
Moderator Positions: Zinc Hotel, Frantic Hotel (Hotel and Forum Moderator), and Jebba Hotel (Started as a Moderator, later became the Deputy Administrator).
I do have more moderation experience, but I do not remember the names of the hotels, some closed down after a week.
Non Hotel Positions: I do have experience in RuneScape Private Server's.
Administrative Positions: Elite-Scape (Head of Forum Administration and In-Game Administrator).
Moderation: Rune Remake (Forum and In-Game Moderator) and Elite-Scape (Head of Forum and In-Game Moderation, also a Forum Administrator).

With Elite-Scape, I held the head moderator position until it closed. It reopened later in the year and I then took on administrative roles. I have also held other non-hotel positions, but will not be mentioned.

7) What do you know about a community manager: A community manager is someone that manage the community, they ensure that all members are satisfied and will continue to return to the hotel. They will also host events as needed. A community manager sometimes help in hiring moderators, that will be based on the hotel's requirement of the community manager.

8) How long will you be able to spend on the hotel if we was to hire you: My time will vary, I can spend at least three hours online on weekdays, I can spend more time online depending my availability. I can spend longer time online on the weekend.

9) How would you prefer the communication: I will prefer communication through Skype. Matthew.Stacy2

10) Please state anything else you would like to tell us here: I do not have any additional information.

Last edited:

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
Personal Details
Name: Jack
Main Occupation: IT Technician for a primary school (apprenticeship)

I'm located in a GMT Timezone, with the ability to work overnight and early hours of the morning where acceptable. I take schedules and hours seriously and would be adamant on making sure that I fulfilled my own rota but also covering any hours where no staff appear to be available.

Application

I'd like to join your staff team as I believe you take the position and the role as a whole seriously. Along with the rest of the internal matters of the hotel. I am extremely devoted to being a vital member of any staff team and believe yours is one I can fulfil successfully. I believe I am more appropriate than another candidate due to my vast experience in similar roles both within the Retro environment and externally. I also believe I have the qualities you have specified such as Grammar and Patience. I have an advanced moderating knowledge and a good understanding of the mannerisms of common retro players and how to deal with scenarios that may not be dealt with by an alternative candidate as well. My first application was to a large hotel of around a 1,000 known as Open Hotel ran by Paul, following the downfall and closure of Open Hotel I ran several RP projects alongside other common developers but failed to produce anything noteworthy. Following this I ran several hotels independently and co-owned but failed to take anything further than ideas or start ups because of finances and desire. I have taken several breaks from the scene but my most recent employment was under Hab.PM where I was hired and continually promoted before resigning due to the direction of the hotel. Hab.PM subsequently declined and closed. Outside of the Retro spectrum I have moderated on Vortex and several private SA:MP servers alongside several ownerships and moderation positions in Minecraft servers. As a previous community manager I believe the position is vital for any hotels success. I believe the Community Manager should be able to engage with the players and users well. I also believe a Community Manager should monitor any issues or flaws in processes within a hotel. As a Community Manager I also believe they should have a strong impact on the procedures and development of the Moderation Team and how they should deal with specific issues and problems. In regards to any specific hours it would have to work around my current work times, but I am able to work until from 5 PM till 11:30 PM and any hours during the weekend and school holidays. I would prefer to communicate via email but am able to adapt my communications and am used to communicating to colleagues of retros through Skype.

Additional

Alongside the skills I have mentioned above I can code CSS/#C/PHP and HTML. I have a good knowledge with SQL and am a big fan of Bootstrap. I have several business qualifications that have contained detailed application processes and their merits and will be able to pass that on for future staff application templates. I have a vast experience with both MyBB and vBulletin forum boards and even integration within the Hotel database.

Thanks for the opportunity, feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions.
Jack
[email protected]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread