Coding/Editing A CMS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyLeR_RuLeZ

May 6, 2012
Hi DevBest I Wanted To Stat Developing A CMS.Yet I Have No Idea Where To Start.Can SomeOne Please
Give Me An Idea On How To?Like Where To Learn How To?It Would Be Greatly Appreciated.-Thanks In Advance,TyLeR_RuLeZ:)

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Hi DevBest I Wanted To Stat Developing A CMS.Yet I Have No Idea Where To Start.Can SomeOne Please
Give Me An Idea On How To?Like Where To Learn How To?It Would Be Greatly Appreciated.-Thanks In Advance,TyLeR_RuLeZ:)
I'd start with the design (HTML and CSS), but it's also fully possible starting on the PHP side parts at once as well. That would mean, learn HTML, CSS and PHP and you're pretty much good to go!

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
I learn most of the shit I know from experience. Which I learned from editing a 's HabboEdit.

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
I Use These 12 steps
1.) create core file ex:global or core.php
2.) create necessary directorys
3.) create simple classes cache,session,and account control
4.) create design for cms
5.) create more classes like access control
6.) edit php revise edit delete tidy ..ect
7.) Revise PHP HTML and DIRECTORY's get ride of unnecessary code
8.) create more advance layout infused with javascript
9.) Test Your CMS and Revising
10.) Fix exploits and random errors that could occur ... This part is a bitch..
11.) Test EVERYTHING
12.) if u like u release if u dont back to step 6

Anyways Good luck if u ever need help pm me

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
You have to learn these 3 important languages you need to have knowledge in order to create a CMS.
  • PHP
  • HTML
  • CSS
The PHP is for the extensive function of the CMS, such as login, logout, registration, echoing usernames, gathering information from database etc., the HTML is for the foundation of your CMS, the way you make partition in your content and lastly CSS - it's where you design your CMS to make it simply stunning and presentable.

As said, you could start with HTML and CSS but you can also start with the PHP parts. Remember to tidy your codes for easier editing and in case you've gone through a mistake you know where to seek the error! :) php.net for advanced/beginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread