Coding Competition

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Hey,

Just a discussion thread to see who is entering, If you are not entering, Just say no and leave it at that.

If you are, then say the following; What you're going to be adding maybe a screen-shot of your progress, And maybe even help others?

Well, Myself mine ain't too far done yet, I have started most of it already from my development, Which I'l be closing so you can all code your own if you enter the completion, Cause it wouldn't be fair on me.

I've also started the private messaging, God knows how I'm going to do the designing, I'm terrible, maybe some simple CSS. But yeah, All good so far for me.

How about you?

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I am entering also(as you would noticed lately), my goal is to get good at PHP, as it is simply awesome. I haven't done any designing yet, I'm planning on doing some gradients on Photoshop and such to make the template, but I have an idea of how I want it to look, but not a complete one, as of PHP coding, register.php, I only have to do the forms, login is not done, I'll probably do it tonight, I'm planning on doing a simple yet effective PM system from scratch,i nbox - it will read the messages on the database that the to_user matches your username, - Sessions. And it does the same with the outbox but with the from_user, sendPM.php is done also, again I have to code the form. I also did a lil news system, which has 2 files addnews.PHP and of course, news.php. In add news you fill out a form(Which I haven't done yet) and you just fill out the title, body(message), author, which is the username you're logged in with - Sessions, and the news to just output them. I'm doing this with OOP, Object-Oriented-PHP, which means I'm doing this with functions, classes, etc. I haven't tested anything yet, I'll probably upload them to my FTP server tonight anyways and check the errors and such.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I reckon yours is going to be excellent to be honest ^^. I'l probably just do mine in tables for now, and when the PHP is done I'l do my design xD.

-EDIT- Wow I've posted this in the staff section LOL.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Lol, I'm doing good with everything, I think I have learned a lot so far. Using mysql queries, etc. I want to add many features though, as of now I have - News(Add, delete and show) and PMs(inbox, outbox, view, and outview), but I really feel I can do more, lol. Perhaps I can maybe code some kind of visitor messaging system. ;P

So, who's participating and what do you plan on doing?
Post below, (Please serious answers and no spamming).

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
I wish I had the skills to enter, but sadly I still need to learn PHP. I am currently working on JavaScript and then will move forward from there to PHP.

NastaLulz

Jan 3, 2011
I'm halfway done,
I may be entering with Project Dual.
But, I don't want it to be released at the end.
So, I'm not sure.

-Sway

FlyCoder

Jan 2, 2011
Na I don't understand php lol

PHP is quite an easy Language but it depends on your Determination etc.
The way I start was to look at some Coding e.g HoloCMS, PHPRetro, UberCMS etc. and then look at some Tutorials on YouTube, and other sites, I still don't know PHP fully but I know most of it. ;P

I don't want to enter, maybe next time. ;)

Coder

Jan 4, 2011
I just joined. I'm sure I can have something working by the seventh, but regrettably nothing that would win. Hopefully there are more of these coding competitions.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Well, Has anyone submitted theirs yet? I haven't I'm thinking should I get it done and sent fast? Even though I'm nowhere near completed?

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I'm too far behind so i won't reach it in time, maybe next time. Good luck to whoever wins then! and Sleddeh, i agree with kryptos.

Users who are viewing this thread