Chromium OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012

Well I clicked About Google Chrome and saw all this shit, I'm downloading Chromium, plan on learning shit and have my own browser based off of Chromium..

Also mainly this is for discussion on C-OS.

I wannnntttttttt itttttttt :(
well i want to try it so bad.

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
ltOX3Qhd.png

masood123

Sep 10, 2011
Chrome OS is a product that OEM's use on their computers for user use. I.e ChromeBooks. I know about the Chromium OS is some open-source OS for developers. Also I was always confused about this whole Chromium project thing because of other projects that I've seen also called Chromium by some other people. I guess that's straightened out now.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Chrome OS is a product that OEM's use on their computers for user use. I.e ChromeBooks. I know about the Chromium OS is some open-source OS for developers. Also I was always confused about this whole Chromium project thing because of other projects that I've seen also called Chromium by some other people. I guess that's straightened out now.
Chromium is also the Linux version of Google Chrome web browser. Very confusing when you google it without being specific :D

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Chromium is also the Linux version of Google Chrome web browser. Very confusing when you google it without being specific :D
No. Chromium Web Browser can be said a Linux version of Google Chrome but there is a Google Chrome for the Linux platform, too. You can differentiate these 2 by their logos (the Chromium Web Browser has a bluish logo while Google Chrome has their original logo).

Plus, Chromium looks like an outdated Google Chrome in terms of the UI of settings, download bar etc.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
No. Chromium Web Browser can be said a Linux version of Google Chrome but there is a Google Chrome for the Linux platform, too. You can differentiate these 2 by their logos (the Chromium Web Browser has a bluish logo while Google Chrome has their original logo).

Plus, Chromium looks like an outdated Google Chrome in terms of the UI of settings, download bar etc.
I've learned something today. Thank you. Never knew that! I thought they where the same thing but I was severely disappointed by Chromium so I figured to use mozilla :)

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
I've learned something today. Thank you. Never knew that! I thought they where the same thing but I was severely disappointed by Chromium so I figured to use mozilla :)
Me too. We're on the same boat, before.. not until told me to use Google Chrome and I was like.. wait, Chromium is different from Google Chrome?!, when I checked out , it says it has a version for my Linux (Ubuntu 12.04).

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
I downloaded vanilla on my Virtual box and it works semi-good. Just kinda slow with 4GB of ram dedicated to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread