Choosing a Laptop

Jamjex

That Guy
Jun 12, 2015
Hello,
Right now I'm looking at purchasing a new laptop. I have a $2k budget, but I'm unsure of what to get. I know i'd be better off building a PC, however, I can't do that for my situation. I'm constantly moving from home, school, work, and other activities. I'm never at one place for more than 10 hours.

Some ideas of what I'll be doing on the machine:
  • Occasionally playing games (Minecraft, GTA, CSGO, Skyrim, etc.)
  • Running virtual machines/making connections in Vmare Workstation
  • Web Development & Design
  • Audio/Video editing
  • Working in programs similar to Cinema 4D / Photoshop / After Effects / Etc
  • And much more
I'd like to keep the idea of a slimmer laptop, although it's not a deal breaker. I just don't want to feel like I'm carrying a bag of bricks with me anywhere.

Thanks,
Jamjex

Last edited:

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Normally I don't suggest things I have not used, however I've heard good things about this and I've yet to use an ASUS product I didn't like

Jamjex

That Guy
Jun 12, 2015
Normally I don't suggest things I have not used, however I've heard good things about this and I've yet to use an ASUS product I didn't like

Thanks for the quick reply!
I really like the design and the size of it. The specs seem rather nice as well. I will take a look at what's all available for the machine!

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
I have this laptop and it does everything I want it to do, runs most games (If you're into games), reasonable price, good specs and it looks fucking badass.

Last edited:

Vatican

King
May 26, 2015
I have this laptop and it does everything I want it to do, runs most games (If you're into games), reasonable price, good specs, it looks fucking badass and the specs are pretty good too.

That's a really nice option and the card isn't really that much outdated. Strong choice for a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread