1. Tired of not being able to see links? Want to chat with other members? Need help?

2. Community Awards!
    Have you voted yet? Take part in DevBest's yearly community awards! Click here to find out more.

Captcha

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by TheJoshy, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Airz

Airz Member

If it stops people cheating for votes then I say keep it pictures, if it doesn't make a difference then the number one would be cool. However, I think the current image one could be improved slightly so that people would no longer have to 'Click here' to vote and the image box would automatically appear? Just a suggestion.

Also, I was wondering if there is going to been any expected further maintenance breaks or am I safe to re-enable the voting system?

Thanks

bigdawg likes this.
  2. bigdawg

bigdawg fight teh power Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback. I will attempt to make it the captcha automatically open, but I'm not sure if that's possible. Also, the only reason we have this new captcha is to prevent people from cheating, which is why I was forced to ditch it.

There's no planned maintenance. There was an issue this morning with the datacenter, due to an upstream provider having issues, but that's it. If you're using the API that was officially released, I'd recommend switching the url in the code from "votingapi.com" to "findretros.com", so that way if it does go down, the script will detect it.

Airz likes this.
  3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Devbest Indian Tech Support FindRetros Moderator

First of all, Improve your grammar. Don't make me throw a dictionary at you.

Second of all the new captcha is to prevent cheating and it takes some time to look at the pictures and vote. He's putting it up because you guys are always reporting proxy voting and cheating and he put a new captcha to prevent that, Yet your all complaining?

Tiwi likes this.
  4. Xellos

Xellos Say my name, SAY IT!

My grammar is quite fine i dont see a problem here
    Who is complaining whilst he mentioned to give our feedback?
    You're probably blind.

5. Xellos

Xellos Say my name, SAY IT!

Is that even necessary? What matters is rastalulz understood what I said, I'd gladly like to see my grammar corrections from him. Not from a random fag popping up correcting me out of nowhere

Nehalem likes this.
  6. bigdawg

bigdawg fight teh power Staff Member

How is this? [ Want to see this link? Register ! ]

I made it even more straight forward, it automatically opens the box that asks you to click on the picture, and once you do so, it shows the vote button.

7. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Devbest Indian Tech Support FindRetros Moderator

It's Good

8. Throwaway6

Throwaway6 New Member

Using the Python [ Want to see this link? Register ! ]and [ Want to see this link? Register ! ]modules, someone could theoretically make a script that matches the thing that you're trying to find (e.g. Click the food) to the image and click it. 4 images was much more secure. At least use 2-3.

Jeffrey likes this.
  9. Zippy

Zippy Member

Having any more than 1 image will cause an inconvenience to users. They don't have the patience to sit clicking pictures for even 10 seconds more than they have to.