Can't get on any hotel

Parsov

May 18, 2016
Turned on my computer went on my Hotel to code & test a few things tried getting on but I was stuck on 76% thought it was a hotel problem went through my code checked Logs everything seems fine decided to change to backup database to see maybe I have a few issues in my database still didn't change anything. I noticed that my variables were not loading in.

On the emulator I was getting: Packet [4000] which is GetClientVersionEvent clearly not a good sign I thought because we've not even got to the point of authenticating the user (If we did it would be easier to analyze and solve the problem). So I started looking into my Keys to make sure everything was in place and the SWF just in case.

I could not find where the potential problem could be. Because there was none relating to the hotel itself. I realized this when I decided to go on to the hotel with another computer and it seemed to work fine. That's when I remembered that the day before I removed my Temp folder as it's most of the time safe to do so. So now I can't get on any hotel even any other game actually.

Anyone know what I could do to fix this?

If it's wrong section sorry.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
If you also deleted your AppData (at least, I used to do so when removing the temp folder too), it might have reset your preferences and removed your acceptance of Flash. See if it's still enabled or not.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
If you also deleted your AppData (at least, I used to do so when removing the temp folder too), it might have reset your preferences and removed your acceptance of Flash. See if it's still enabled or not.
No I did not delete the AppData only emptied Temp folders within it and Roaming.

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
Have you ensured that you have allowed flash manually ? Since a few windows updates I have had customers report similar issues and they had to allow flash on each domain via their browser.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
Have you ensured that you have allowed flash manually ? Since a few windows updates I have had customers report similar issues and they had to allow flash on each domain via their browser.

Nothing, I completely reset my computer to factory settings installed Flash Player Locally and still the same thing.

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
Nothing, I completely reset my computer to factory settings installed Flash Player Locally and still the same thing.

Resetting the computer would not fix it as its been added as part of the process of removing flash at the end of the year.

kailani

Sep 26, 2020
It's nothing to do with flash being disabled, if the embedded SWF if rendering enough for you to see the 76% then Flash is enabled, I'm guessing you mean the actual Habbo client loading stage and not some JS overlay loader.

Debug it on your hotel/emulator, is the client responding to the packets?

Try a different WiFi network, with a VPN the packets still pass through your original WIFI so a VPN wouldn't help much here if the issue lies within the packets not reaching you, if you want a new IP hard reset your router.

There are certain things your emulator will do before "showing you the hotel view" so to speak, you can better understand which stage the emulator is getting to in terms of accepting the connection, or "letting you in".

Use a browser instance with no state (no cookies, no extensions, no preferences) incognito wouldn't be good enough here.

Check your browser profiles, I know if I use the same Gmail account on two different chrome instances on two different machines it will sync my extensions, preferences, all that jazz.

Be sure to check a large array of hotels, starting with the ones you've never visited before.

Last edited:

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
If you moved your wifi currently, and if the hotels you visited have ddos protectors it might be blocking you because of the ddos threat?

Parsov

May 18, 2016
There are certain things your emulator will do before "showing you the hotel view" so to speak, you can better understand which stage the emulator is getting to in terms of accepting the connection, or "letting you in".
For the emulator I know which processes it should go through before letting me through.

Try a different WiFi network, with a VPN the packets still pass through your original WIFI so a VPN wouldn't help much here if the issue lies within the packets not reaching you, if you want a new IP hard reset your router.

You have a point not so long ago I learnt that the region I am located in bought down all packets coming from foreign locations to 0. So the data between me and the server is not being exchanged properly because it's this kind of situation where I'm able to say hello I'm here. It hears me but when it tries reaching me that barrier doesn't allow it to happen. Quite weird how they decided to specifically do this right after I deleted my Temp folders. Scared me a little because that's not even something that causes an issue most of the time. Making me end up having to reset my entire computer as I thought I might've done a mistake when deleting the Temp folders.

Very unexpected result at the end I don't really expect anyone to know about this as it would be hard for anybody to assume what's going on in my region. But I thank you all for the help.
Sorry for wasting everybody's time even I didn't know what could've been the case until I heard from so many people that they are having the same issue due to the region.

kailani

Sep 26, 2020
For the emulator I know which processes it should go through before letting me through.

You have a point not so long ago I learnt that the region I am located in bought down all packets coming from foreign locations to 0. So the data between me and the server is not being exchanged properly because it's this kind of situation where I'm able to say hello I'm here. It hears me but when it tries reaching me that barrier doesn't allow it to happen. Quite weird how they decided to specifically do this right after I deleted my Temp folders. Scared me a little because that's not even something that causes an issue most of the time. Making me end up having to reset my entire computer as I thought I might've done a mistake when deleting the Temp folders.

Very unexpected result at the end I don't really expect anyone to know about this as it would be hard for anybody to assume what's going on in my region. But I thank you all for the help.
Sorry for wasting everybody's time even I didn't know what could've been the case until I heard from so many people that they are having the same issue due to the region.

If this is the case, which I doubt it is then you can confirm that by using VS's step through on the emulator and checking if you get a network response (server-side), and any packet sniffer (client-side).

Parsov

May 18, 2016
If this is the case, which I doubt it is then you can confirm that by using VS's step through on the emulator and checking if you get a network response (server-side), and any packet sniffer (client-side).

The server gets the response from the client but doesn't send anything back. I noticed that it's not regarding flash as it's being loaded up properly but no response is coming from the server-side.

kailani

Sep 26, 2020
The server gets the response from the client but doesn't send anything back. I noticed that it's not regarding flash as it's being loaded up properly but no response is coming from the server-side.
What revision is the client, what packet does the server not respond after? You should have a corresponding response packet (should), sounds like an emulator bug in terms of your own hotel, not sure about the others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread