Can people truly change?

Jared

Jul 14, 2010
Had a discussion about change, wondering if you'll be a different person in ten years/if you've changed over the last ten or so.

So I figured I'd ask everyone else, too: do you think people can truly ever change who they are? Why or why not?

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Lol where your at affects it the most. When I moved I started doing things I never did before, and changed a little. Not a lot but a little xD

tryzombie505

Mar 9, 2012
Well it change these ladies some ladies got kidnapped for ten years and when they escaped they where grateful for every second they had so yes some one can change in a few years or so but it depends on the environment.

Drugs

Jun 2, 2013
Yeah, people can change, my Uncle for example, 5 years ago he was in prison, he came out and just was like, swearing his head off all the time and was always like mad, angry and aggressive now he's calm and never swears and never gets aggressive.

iMoney

Jul 26, 2012
I believe that people change, they mature mentally and physically. They as people learn morals, and understand more about how their actions affect others and themselves. Everybody changes, naturally, in some way.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I personally think that everyone is born in one way, from birth you could have bad instincts just of course not able to act upon them but when people are known for having a certain type of personality and then change to another, I don't think it's genuine. I reckon it's a facade that people put on but they're always who they once were.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Yes, people can change because of the enviroment they're living in,growing up and also could be because they're meeting new people.​

jack15988

Apr 20, 2013
Yeah, people can change. I'd say its down to enviroment, peers, schools and area. I would say (typically) that teenagers in the north of england act more grown up then teenagers in the south (in my opinion).

Phifer

May 28, 2013
Everybody says life is like a wheel but life travels in straight path indeed it will not return anymore. for eg: Our Childhood life memories. Life gets experiancing in each year progressively it depends upon the situation occurs in our life. So there will be changes in after ten years and before ten years of life.

Using_zMagenta

@zMagenta
Jul 5, 2013
I think people change (whether they know it or not) due to the events that have/will happen(ed) in the past or future. Let's say you got power over something, and that something become popular, some may turn into a power hungry overlord - If you see what I mean?

(1st post, woo!)

iDevon

Solo Dolo
Dec 27, 2010
The same way we can adjust to a new environment is the same way we change. I do not think people can really "change." Every person was born and raised in a specific kind of way, and at the end of the day they are who they were raised to be. I had a friend, his brother was raised carelessly, meaning that his parents treated him like a piece of paper. Something they use to get better tax returns. He joined the marines and when he came out, he always stood straight and always showed some sort of respect. He changed. Even though he "changed," he will forever have the characteristics he was raised with.

TinyBuilder

Bike ✔
Mar 19, 2012
It's like you watch cartoons maximum before the age of 15 but since when you feel it so childish and non-adult, you're being moulded to the environment situation so you stop watching them.

Users who are viewing this thread