Can I trust this website?

Sylveon

Jan 19, 2019
Hi Devbest members,
I'm pretty new to this community and I just wanted to ask something because I can't really find trust on Google sometimes...

So I tried to make a retro hotel, but every time i find a tutorial i got problems such as links expired, cms doesnt include database and emulator is not working...
So I went to this website called EpicHosts or something, but it looks fishy and I've seen pretty old videos of people making their pre-hosted hotel through their service.

However, I don't trust it and I just was wondering if theres any trustable site that pre makes retros? Or is there any noob friendly thread on this forum with working links and maybe also explains how to setup with a cheap but quality vps? I hope someone can help me out, because I haven't been around retro's since I was 13 so thats quiet a long time ago XD
Also yes, I've read the rules and I'm not looking for scams. I just wanted to have a hangout for me and my friends, but many retro's have toxic and weird members and thats why i wanted to make my own.. if its not possible thats ok :s

n4te

zzz
Oct 27, 2014
Hi Devbest members,
I'm pretty new to this community and I just wanted to ask something because I can't really find trust on Google sometimes...

So I tried to make a retro hotel, but every time i find a tutorial i got problems such as links expired, cms doesnt include database and emulator is not working...
So I went to this website called EpicHosts or something, but it looks fishy and I've seen pretty old videos of people making their pre-hosted hotel through their service.

However, I don't trust it and I just was wondering if theres any trustable site that pre makes retros? Or is there any noob friendly thread on this forum with working links and maybe also explains how to setup with a cheap but quality vps? I hope someone can help me out, because I haven't been around retro's since I was 13 so thats quiet a long time ago XD
Also yes, I've read the rules and I'm not looking for scams. I just wanted to have a hangout for me and my friends, but many retro's have toxic and weird members and thats why i wanted to make my own.. if its not possible thats ok :s
Epichosts isn't a bad host, but when it comes to their retro setups, those are pretty garbage. There's a bunch of tutorials on Devbest, but is pretty simple to follow.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
The links you're running into are mostly dead just because of the amount of time that has passed.
Habbo Retros used to be much bigger, seems they're finally reaching end of life.

If I'm not mistaken the Habbo Retro "Meta" is still RevCMS/A RevCMS stable edit + BrainEMU / PlusEMU
This might be a good start point, looks like it has SWFS DB and all.

Goodluck, and yeah this site is trusted for habbo development.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylveon

Jan 19, 2019
Epichosts isn't a bad host, but when it comes to their retro setups, those are pretty garbage. There's a bunch of tutorials on Devbest, but is pretty simple to follow.
yeah, i tried this one but first off the language wasnt in english and couldnt find a translation anywhere :(
second the client didnt wanna work :( the emulator worked but the client kept telling me that i had no flash enabled, tho i have XD

The links you're running into are mostly dead just because of the amount of time that has passed.
Habbo Retros used to be much bigger, seems they're finally reaching end of life.

If I'm not mistaken the Habbo Retro "Meta" is still RevCMS/A RevCMS stable edit + BrainEMU / PlusEMU
This might be a good start point, looks like it has SWFS DB and all.

Goodluck, and yeah this site and R**geZone are trusted for habbo development.

Also what website do you recommend for vps hosting? I'm talking about a small vps with about 2GB since im not planning on getting 'big'

n4te

zzz
Oct 27, 2014
yeah, i tried this one but first off the language wasnt in english and couldnt find a translation anywhere :(
second the client didnt wanna work :( the emulator worked but the client kept telling me that i had no flash enabled, tho i have XD

Also what website do you recommend for vps hosting? I'm talking about a small vps with about 2GB since im not planning on getting 'big'
Do you have a budget?

Sylveon

Jan 19, 2019
Do you have a budget?
Well i'm not willing to spend alot of money on it since its just for hanging out with friends and not planning on hosting a big hotel with events and stuff
Edit: I'd say I'm willing to spend not more than 10Euros/Dollars a month

Joe

Jun 10, 2012

is good. They offer reliable SSD servers which are fast and instantly activated, I personally use them.

I recommend RevCMS and PlusEMU if you're new to this. and for the SWF's

Sylveon

Jan 19, 2019
is good. They offer reliable SSD servers which are fast and instantly activated, I personally use them.

Cool , thanks man!

Not trying to be rude or anything, but if you're only making a retro for you and your friends, it isn't worth putting money into.
Nah thats your own opinion, don't know whether i wanna make it bigger in the very future but mostly just want to try it out and have a place for my friends where they don't get kicked around by the mods because we are 'interrupting' their room?

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
Epic host is reliable but their retro setup is quite out-dated.I'd rate their Habbo Retro Package 2/10.Like said above you're better off building it yourself or hiring a tech.Look around tutorials and release posts, if that won't get you anywhere post a help thread.
Also, welcome to DevBest!!

Sylveon

Jan 19, 2019

I use RevCMS1999 at the moment with PlusEMU and all the swf's you recommended me. However after the setup my emulator works fine, I've imported my emulator's database but yet I can't get into my index. When i go to localhost (made new thread)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread