Camera not working (TCP Proxy)

Calcium

Jan 7, 2017
Hello , i have a Problem.

My Client freezez when i shoot a photo. (this freeze only happen on my TCP Proxy).
With a normal Windows IP it worked.
I use Plus EMU

Calcium

Jan 7, 2017
Are you hosting the camera processing locally ? What web server are you running ?

Camera is programmed on my Plus Emulator.

When i dont use tcp proxy it works, but with tcp proxy i get a disconnect sometimes (when i shoot a photo with much furnis) i get a disconnect

this happens only on a tcp proxy. (game port)

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
My advice is do not use a TCP proxy and secure your IIS correctly so you do not need one. It works much better as you are not needing to route all the connections to another server.

Calcium

Jan 7, 2017
My advice is do not use a TCP proxy and secure your IIS correctly so you do not need one. It works much better as you are not needing to route all the connections to another server.

i dont use iis ?
i use nginx and this is not a webserver issue?

IIS is crap it has lot of exploits with php 5.6 = gg

Johno

Sep 12, 2011
Which server web server you are running, I advise people with retros not to use TCP proxies. Have you checked your nginx logs ?

Johno

Sep 12, 2011
I suggest you check the error logs to check if there is simply a timeout issue processing and saving the image due to the TCP proxy.

lincoln67

Nov 2, 2017
How would one secure IIS? From my limited understanding of networking, wouldn't it be possible for any user who has the real IP address of a server to launch a ddos attack? And even if there was a way to secure IIS, a user will still be able to launch an attack on the emulator port, wouldn't they?

Johno

Sep 12, 2011
Example, if you are using CloudFlare, and restrict only IP addresses from the CloudFlare network to access your port 80 / 443 you will not require a TCP proxy if your VPS includes ddos protection. Most emulators now include settings within the config file to limit x amount of connections from a single IP. I did this when I owned my hotels years ago. People can locate your servers IP address from the client but when they try to visit via a web browser the connection simply times out (to people who do not know how you have set it up) they will simply thing your web server is running on another server because port 80 acts as is it closed.

Users who are viewing this thread