Building an app backend - suggestions

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
So as some of you may be aware, I'm writing an app and a backend to go along with that app. I'm open to any suggestions that anyone may have regarding scaling the backend (and even the language of the backend app)

My current stack looks like this:
AppEngine + Cloud Endpoints
Java
Google Datastore

Thanks,
Adil

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
AppEngine is great, and the language really depends on how much of a scalability you want. Ruby can be a great thing, since with Rails already has great implementation for writing REST APIs fast and scalable.

Usually I use a combination of AWS, NodeJS and Parse for the better stuff like Push Notifications and other neat features. I might think of finding a better solution, but for now it works out :)

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
AppEngine is great, and the language really depends on how much of a scalability you want. Ruby can be a great thing, since with Rails already has great implementation for writing REST APIs fast and scalable.

Usually I use a combination of AWS, NodeJS and Parse for the better stuff like Push Notifications and other neat features. I might think of finding a better solution, but for now it works out :)
Are you using a standard SQL datastore?

Users who are viewing this thread