Building a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
Hello,

For christmas my father is letting me build a PC with the parts of my choice. I'm planning on ordering from New Egg. Problem is im not best with picking this stuff out. I am looking to do major gaming, working with CAD programs, running little stuff in the background etc. What would your recommend?

On the side, I was possibly thinking of building a alienware pc?

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Ask he'll make you one in barely 7 month

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Building an Alienware? For the love of God, don't. Alienware is nothing more than a rip off.

Build your own PC, I'd recommend using .

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Building an Alienware? For the love of God, don't. Alienware is nothing more than a rip off.

Build your own PC, I'd recommend using .

[2] this.

My reasoning: Kids see the "awesome LED cases with extremely high top of the line parts," but don't realize you can build the one for cheaper, on your own + possibly better. You're paying for the brand. And what people don't realize, is say a part fails in it - those are $300-$400 parts that you'll be replacing.

Wassim

Sep 22, 2011
[2] this.

My reasoning: Kids see the "awesome LED cases with extremely high top of the line parts," but don't realize you can build the one for cheaper, on your own + possibly better. You're paying for the brand. And what people don't realize, is say a part fails in it - those are $300-$400 parts that you'll be replacing.
Alienware offers warranty..

Wassim

Sep 22, 2011
As well as all my parts I've bought from NewEgg ...... + they don't offer Lifetime warranty, like my parts do?
but they still do, you cant just jump to the conclution that there shit just because there not as good

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
but they still do, you cant just jump to the conclution that there shit just because there not as good

They offer free lifetime warranty? And they are shit. Anyone will agree. You're paying $1,500 for shit you don't even need. Who needs 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card, or a 2 TB Raid HDD? Unless you're some hi-tech extreme gamer/developer or some business owner who would actually use 2TB, you don't need it. You can spend around $700 for a nice computer that will do the same as an Alienware, and not need all that extra shit.

Wassim

Sep 22, 2011
They offer free lifetime warranty? And they are shit. Anyone will agree. You're paying $1,500 for shit you don't even need. Who needs 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card, or a 2 TB Raid HDD? Unless you're some hi-tech extreme gamer/developer or some business owner who would actually use 2TB, you don't need it. You can spend around $700 for a nice computer that will do the same as an Alienware, and not need all that extra shit.
and that makes them shit facepalm.jpg

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
and that makes them shit facepalm.jpg

Let me rephrase that, Alienware itself is shit - the parts aren't. It's a matter that kids are willing to spend $2K on a computer that they won't even use half the specs it offers, when they can save a whole $1K building their own when really they're looking at it as a "cool alien looking case that lights up."

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Not everyone can actually build a PC them selves ;l
Why can't they? All they need is the Internet and a little patience.

NewEgg has an amazing video tutorial series on how to build a PC (on YouTube).

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Why can't they? All they need is the Internet and a little patience.

NewEgg has an amazing video tutorial series on how to build a PC (on YouTube).
Oh you choose the stuff and they put it together. i thought actually building it your self :p

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Thats quite hard than isn't it?
Not really, sure it takes time, but if you watch a tutorial, it helps a lot.

I watched these two videos when building my PC a few weeks ago:

I had no prior knowledge when building my PC, and I managed to do it.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Took a couple of days, but managed it.

Once you build your first PC, it's easy as your ABC's & common sense.

Wassim

Sep 22, 2011
Not really, sure it takes time, but if you watch a tutorial, it helps a lot.

I watched these two videos when building my PC a few weeks ago:
I had no prior knowledge when building my PC, and I managed to do it.
Not to mention you had people here helping you

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
Thanks Rasta for basically the only helpful feedback, ill be more likley to use newegg or the site you mentioned :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread