Show DevBest BuckPlayer - HTML5 player

jasler

Aug 26, 2011
logo_full.png

Hi DevBest!
I started a few weeks ago creating BuckPlayer, a player that is full coded in HTML, Javascript and CSS! I created this because there are some other players wich don't let you do some special options, you always have to buy it or something like that. So I started BuckPlayer! Some players need jQuery to work, but BuckPlayer doens't! Full 100% own javascript, is avaible on a CDN and is FREE!

What is BuckPlayer?
BuckPlayer is a full working HTML5 player. It allows you to play music, video and radio on your website! Full for FREE! BuckPlayer has some awesome options: right-click menu with own (company/website)name, logo in the player, custumize template, and works on FireFox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opra and much more browsers!

What are the most importand functions?
Well, I'll tell you:
  • ALL OPTIONS FOR FREE
  • FULL HTML5
  • CSS
  • Javascript
  • No jQuery needed
  • Easy to set up
  • Your own style (when you create that)
  • At least 5 player-templates
  • Music/Radio/Video player
  • Full-screen option
  • BuckPlayer has a MIT License
  • Own (company)name in the player
  • Own logo in the player
  • URL to the page where the player is to watch
  • Actions/Functions after the player finished playing (BuckPlayer function name: 'afterEnding')
  • And much more! Discover it by yourself!
Interested?
Are you interested? Visit the website now and watch the demo's and information about it:

Directly to the download page?

Do you want to use the CDN? So no download needed? Click on the following link:

Templates
BuckPlayer has some templates, you can download/use them free:

License:
Do you want to see all licenses? You can go to this page:

CDN:
This is the part where you can point the CSS and the Javascript! You don't have to download it by yourself. The users has in the most cases (if this saw BuckPlayer somewhere else) the Javascript cashed, so that is less load-time. The CDN is free and you can allways use it. When you want to use this click on the following link:

Do you have questions or issues with BuckPlayer? Please tell me here in this topic! :)

Did you found a bug? I realy like it when you post this on SourceForge:

You can watch the project on SourceForge:

Ow and:
I know my English sucks a litle bit on the website, I'll let it correct by someone XD If you see something wrong you can tell me :)

Have fun with BuckPlayer, stay in touch:
Facebook:
Twitter:

Greets,
Jasper

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Couple of things I noticed.

Volume control - Add this
The time frame bar, it's too jumpy, it jumps each second, let it flow in a continuous line so it's nice and smooth

BR4DLEY

Web Developer
Jan 2, 2012
Also when the video gets to the end it just comes up with the buffering symbol, maybe replace that with a thumbnail?

jasler

Aug 26, 2011
Very nice website layout, it's easy to navigate around.
Well done.

Thank you, but it is of course all about the player XD

Couple of things I noticed.
Volume control - Add this
The time frame bar, it's too jumpy, it jumps each second, let it flow in a continuous line so it's nice and smooth
Thank you for telling me, I'll change this :) Too jumpy, I tought about it, but okey, for the next release it will be more smooth! :)
About the volume controls, okey, I didn't create it yet, in the next version this will be added/created!

Thank you for your feedback! If you have more tips/idea/bugs, you are free to tell me :) I'll use almoste everything :p

Also when the video gets to the end it just comes up with the buffering symbol, maybe replace that with a thumbnail?

The buffering symbol? Which browser do you use? Because I don't have that buffering symbol after ended: (using Google Chrome). If you can give me some more details, I'll fix it in the next version :)

Btw, thank you for your feedback :) If you have some more bugf you can always tell me :)

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Looks good. Don't think there's much else to add really except for what the above posts have said, unless you wanted to add extra features like lights out to fade out the rest of the page?

jasler

Aug 26, 2011
Looks good. Don't think there's much else to add really except for what the above posts have said, unless you wanted to add extra features like lights out to fade out the rest of the page?
Thanks :) Eww... Hm.... I'll add extra features of course, but what do you mean with 'lights out'?

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
By lights out i mean fade all of the rest of the page out (darken it all) except the player so that the player stands out better.

Here's an example of one: .

jasler

Aug 26, 2011
By lights out i mean fade all of the rest of the page out (darken it all) except the player so that the player stands out better.

Here's an example of one: .
Nice! I like that, I'll create that in the next release of BuckPlayer :) Thank you for this idea :)

BR4DLEY

Web Developer
Jan 2, 2012
The buffering symbol? Which browser do you use? Because I don't have that buffering symbol after ended: (using Google Chrome). If you can give me some more details, I'll fix it in the next version :)

Btw, thank you for your feedback :) If you have some more bugf you can always tell me :)
I use Mozilla

jasler

Aug 26, 2011
Overall it's a really good and unique idea, I like the fact its free too.
Thank you :) Yeah, I like free things too yes :D

@jasler - Could you sort out the domain? It appears to be suspended.
You are right, the problem is I contacted my host, no response yet... All users can still use the CDN, the CDN isn't offline :) I'll stay contact the host, because this is important...

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Thank you :) Yeah, I like free things too yes :D

You are right, the problem is I contacted my host, no response yet... All users can still use the CDN, the CDN isn't offline :) I'll stay contact the host, because this is important...
Yeah it's cool. Thread just seems a bit pointless if your main domain isn't working. We'll give it a couple days.

jasler

Aug 26, 2011
Yeah it's cool. Thread just seems a bit pointless if your main domain isn't working. We'll give it a couple days.

Yeah, you're right, the website WAS online, untill yesterday night... And then, bam, suspended... I'll give them max a few hours, or I'll move from host :-/ Don't like it when my website is ofline after 3 days... I'll try to get it online as soon as possible :p

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S6500D met Tapatalk

The website is back online @Sysode I'm hosting it now somewhere else :)

Users who are viewing this thread