Bricked PSP-E1002

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
Hey,

Well my stupid brother turned my PSP off as it was updating to new software, and now its bricked.
When I try to turn it on, the green light goes on but the screen doesn't. The light stays on until the PSP looses charger then it turns off.
I can't get a Pandora battery because the PSP-E1002 Modeal is a street version which has the battery build in.
The PSP won't start in recovery mode when I hold the R button on start up, so I can't just reformat the drive.
What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
Supa.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Hey,

Well my stupid brother turned my PSP off as it was updating to new software, and now its bricked.
When I try to turn it on, the green light goes on but the screen doesn't. The light stays on until the PSP looses charger then it turns off.
I can't get a Pandora battery because the PSP-E1002 Modeal is a street version which has the battery build in.
The PSP won't start in recovery mode when I hold the R button on start up, so I can't just reformat the drive.
What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
Supa.
Take it to a shop, get it fixed for free if you have a warranty or you can pay for it. Or use your insurance to get a new one :D - If you have insurance on your personal belonging

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
Take it to a shop, get it fixed for free if you have a warranty or you can pay for it. Or use your insurance to get a new one :D - If you have insurance on your personal belonging
No warranty on it, and they are like $150 brand new - I rang up for a quote on how much to get it fully restored... aaaaand they said $110. So that is out of the question :confused:

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
No warranty on it, and they are like $150 brand new - I rang up for a quote on how much to get it fully restored... aaaaand they said $110. So that is out of the question :confused:
Then buy a new one, the canvas/quote on how much to get it fully restored is quite unreasonable so just buy a brand new one.

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
Can't you reset/install the firmware via pic?
If you start your PSP in safety/restore mode, then you can activate the USB-PC connectivity, But I can't even get into the restore mode as it is Fully Bricked.
Normally when a PSP if fully bricked you get a Pandora Battery and restore the system, but the PSP E1002 (Street Version) battery is build in and irreplaceable.

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
They use a Pandora Battery to repair it, which you can't do with my version.

EDIT: , I would fail hard as soon as I pick up the screw driver. :D
, I already tried that, can't do it.

Jeremy Bates

Oct 20, 2011
[quote="EDIT: , I would fail hard as soon as I pick up the screw driver. :D[/quote]

youtube psp "your model" take apart

thats what id do

youtube you soo handy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread