BrainCMS goes to "Assets Failed" in client when changing hotelUrl

Cav

Jul 28, 2024
I've been trying to get a more modern retro to work instead of the classic ones. I use brainCMS, Vertrigo and Heidisql for this.

Everything was quite simple and everything works as it should. But whenever I try to change the hotelUrl in www/system/brain-config.php from Localhost to anything else, for example 127.0.0.1, the client instantly goes to "assets failed". To my understanding 127.0.0.1 is the localhost, right?

i tried to use Visual Studio Code to replace every localhost with the IP I want to use, but that does nothing. And as soon as I replace the hotelUrl back to localhost, the client works again... It's like the client needs the hotel url to be "localhost" for it to load.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this or where I need to be looking for a fix? I can upload my brain-config.php file as well if anyone needs that. Thanks in advance.

Cav

Jul 28, 2024
Open your console in the browser and have a look at the files it’s trying to fetch.
I attached the file what I see, any idea where I change these values? There's more when I scroll down.
Post automatically merged:

Open your console in the browser and have a look at the files it’s trying to fetch.
I seem to have fixed it by changing the socket.url, asset.url and image.library.url like the image below in configuration.json. But now I get a connection error. All the asset errors are gone though, so progress haha!

(first screenshot is the asset error that seems to be fixed)
second screenshot
is the console from the clients connection error,
third screenshot is my configuration.json file,
fourth screenshot is the emulator's config settings. (127.0.0.1 is simply used as a test to find the fix, if I can that to work I can port forward my IP later on)

Attachments

• 1722244754289.png
    1722244754289.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 1722247546501.png
    1722247546501.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 1722247676668.png
    1722247676668.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1722247796120.png
    1722247796120.png
    48 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

boz

don daddy
Mar 23, 2021
I attached the file what I see, any idea where I change these values? There's more when I scroll down.
Post automatically merged:

I seem to have fixed it by changing the socket.url, asset.url and image.library.url like the image below in configuration.json. But now I get a connection error. All the asset errors are gone though, so progress haha!

(first screenshot is the asset error that seems to be fixed)
second screenshot
is the console from the clients connection error,
third screenshot is my configuration.json file,
fourth screenshot is the emulator's config settings. (127.0.0.1 is simply used as a test to find the fix, if I can that to work I can port forward my IP later on)
The socket url is wrong, if you’re using local host then use ws://127.0.01:2096

Make sure the port is open on firewall and also the correct setting in your emu_setting.

Cav

Jul 28, 2024
The socket url is wrong, if you’re using local host then use ws://127.0.01:2096

Make sure the port is open on firewall and also the correct setting in your emu_setting.
Everything works, thank you!

What I do find weird is that all my swf data and external_Variables is still pointing to localhost, yet somehow it's all working, even on another computer. But I'll take it.

Thanks!

boz

don daddy
Mar 23, 2021
Everything works, thank you!

What I do find weird is that all my swf data and external_Variables is still pointing to localhost, yet somehow it's all working, even on another computer. But I'll take it.

Thanks!
Glad it’s working, have fun!

Cav

Jul 28, 2024
Glad it’s working, have fun!
This might be a difficult/dumb question, but how do I update nitro? I cannot user the Floor Plan Editor and I think it's because of the outdated nitro. I'm not too knowledged about this so if it's too difficult i'll just not use it.

Last edited:

boz

don daddy
Mar 23, 2021
This might be a difficult/dumb question, but how do I update nitro? I cannot user the Floor Plan Editor and I think it's because of the outdated nitro. I'm not too knowledged about this so if it's too difficult i'll just not use it.
The tutorial is literally on the GitHub for nitro v2, it’s very straightforward if you actually have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread