bProtect v0.1 - Easy block protection and management for OPs (MySQL) [1.2.5-R4.0]

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
bProtect - Easy block protection and management for OPs
Version: 0.1

Introduction
bProtect is a advanced and easy protection management for users. The name is short for Block Protect. It isn't the most original name.

The plugin works by when a user types /bp (command toggle off and on) whatever block they place will be protected.

I have also coded the function to blacklist certain blocks that you don't want protected and just placed. OR you can add only certain blocks you would like protected or just ALL to make all blocks protected. But if you have blocks still in the blacklist. They still won't be ignored.

Only the owner of the block or admin can break it and will alert you when you have placed a protected block or broken one.

Admins have special functions such as typing /bp_findblocks [radius] [owner] and will show a count of blocks within that radius by the owner or just /bp_findblocks [radius] and will show a count of blocks which are protected in that area by anyone

Another function is /bp_delprotection [radius] [owner] and will delete any protection blocks have within that radius by the owner or same as the top by just /bp_delprotection [radius] and will remove the protection by anyone. The delprotection does not remove the actual block!

Admins also have /bp_inspect and right clicking any block will tell you the owner of that block

Notes
  • bProtect must use MySQL or a mysql storage engine (you can even use a free mysql db host)
  • Only OP's have access to admin functions
  • Calculating the radius, etc is on a separate thread to prevent lag.
  • You must use the configuration file included. It does not generate one!
Features
  • Users can protect their own placed blocks
  • Administrators/OPs have commands to prevent protection griefing (read up top ^)
  • Administrators/OPs also get a wand.
  • This also works for placing dirt and when grass grows on it, inside the database, the type or material will update
  • Multi-world support
  • If you have added buckets in the blacklist. It will stop them from placing buckets to be protected (if that makes sense)
Download

Single jar:
Source:

How to install

• Look up how to install MySQL databases ( )
  • This is the database!
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `protected_blocks` (
      `material` varchar(20) NOT NULL,
      `placed_by` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
      `x` int(11) NOT NULL,
      `y` int(11) NOT NULL,
      `z` int(11) NOT NULL,
      `world` varchar(50) NOT NULL
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
  • Edit your configuration!

In-game shots

303789802791.png

681152075490.png

533582124259.png

Changelog

1. 0.1 - Released!

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
So this basically allows users to protect their own blocks without having to get an admin to protect it for them?
Just one problem, say for example you owned an unprotected house and i went round a protected every single block, what would happen? The admin would have to manually remove them all? and imo i doubt admins will want to go round an unprotect every single block that users report

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
So this basically allows users to protect their own blocks without having to get an admin to protect it for them?
Just one problem, say for example you owned an unprotected house and i went round a protected every single block, what would happen? The admin would have to manually remove them all? and imo i doubt admins will want to go round an unprotect every single block that users report
Didn't you read all the commands?

Users who are viewing this thread