Block help threads from noobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I'm sick of these noobs signing up to the forum and posting help threads when they contribute fuck all to the rest of the community.

They come on here, get help, then only come back when they need more help.

So I suggest they have to post else where and contribute to the community a few times before they are able to post in any help section.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Hmm, I do agree..

[edit]

I think there should be like if you had a certain amount of requirements and you will be able to to post threads in the help section, and You have to be active though or you loose them and have to start over if you are in active like not be online on devbest for 3 Weeks and suddenly come back to devbest for help..

Straya

Straya Cunt
Mar 23, 2013
So your saying noobs can't sign up and ask for help? What is the point in help if no noobs posts shit in their.

I will disagree. Everybody needs a chance.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
25 post count to post in the habbo,help section?

Ex Post Facto

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
So your saying noobs can't sign up and ask for help? What is the point in help if no noobs posts shit in their.

I will disagree. Everybody needs a chance.

You didn't get him, haven't you ? He means that if noobs are just going to sign up just to get help and leave then come back only when they need help, then there is no need for them to get help if they won't stay and contribute to the community.

25 post count to post in the habbo,help section?
Ex Post Facto

I think @RastaLulz has said you need 25 posts count so you're allowed to send PM's, so that noobs who make other forums, then come here to advertise them here by messaging members and annoying them, they should have 25 posts count, so they don't do like they currently do (making new accounts then directly messaging everyone online about their forums).

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
IMO if they are asking for help how are they going to contribute? I am going disagree with this one, even though I understand where you are coming from but it makes more sense then newbies not being able to post.

Straya

Straya Cunt
Mar 23, 2013
I don't see the harm in asking for help if your a noob. What happens if they don't give a shit about other things. It's like you don't want people to join devbest.

Ignorance

Jul 29, 2012
I have no absolute idea if I contribute, would you count posting random shit like this post contributing? I do sometimes help etc so yeah, I'd say I ask for help and contribute :c. I don't know if you would call it contributing?

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
Totally agree.

Why should we help them if they're just going to come here -- ask for help -- then leave.
Probably won't ever use their account again... that is of course unless they need more help.
(Which they probably will)

Reedz

#1 Baller
Jul 9, 2012
There are different sides of this debate, I see exactly where you're coming from but I mean, it's hard.

I personally think that them coming here for help is perfectly fine, them then never coming back is and isn't an issue, if they find us useful, then they'll come back, if not the, who gives a shit, they're the ones loosing out. I completely agree with Josh putting a 25 post count requirement before being able to private message although when users are told this what do they do, without thinking they just go and spam our' threads which causes more spam.

Not a bad idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread