BEWARE of scammer

React

Sep 17, 2023
Hi guys, the other day i’d shown work of a fansite over in Habbo Development section.

Unfortunately today i will not be continuing development on that fansite and it is being redone as a whole.

To my own stupidity, i was speaking with a guy called “Aidan” / “Nath” and he had mentioned he has a server that he used for his hotel, but no longer uses it and had asked me would i like to make use of it, which i thought because he did play Habhub was genuine enough & to now regret I had agreed.

It was all good for maybe 4 hours, people enjoyed the site etc, i was getting good feedback. (Happy days)

It’s now the evening, it came to my attention that the site was down, the vps credentials were changed and I was blocked on Discord.

Essentially this person has stolen my files, i know im partially to blame but please be careful. I can’t just update the site etc because it’s easy to replicate even down to the JavaScript.

Please don’t accept these files, there’s nothing malicious in them on my behalf but he has had time from yesterday to add or do anything to those files & I would feel responsible if someone had downloaded & something happened to them or their pc.

A previous thread about said person:

React

Sep 17, 2023
If running retros has taught me anything, never trust a dude named Nath(an)
Have a feeling I know who this is lmao

The fact this isn’t even a retro, instead a fansite. Really goes to show whoever it is will stoop the lowest of lows.

Liam

Super Moderator
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Still doing this years later, what a no life weird loser. Trust no one, even kindness has a price.
Post automatically merged:

You must be registered for see images attach

Must have touched a nerve

React

Sep 17, 2023
Still doing this years later, what a no life weird loser. Trust no one, even kindness has a price.

The level of maturity speaks volumes, the fact he has instead went out of his way to make an account. Instead what he should of done, is be a man & come clean about what he's done, though he's done this before, so no matter how many times' he attempts to make ammends, his reputation is tarnished beyond repair.

I can live with having to redo the fansite, infact this time it'll probably be better again, while he can keep my old files that wont recieve update alongside his muggy reputation that will follow him, I might actually share the old ones myself with the community to prevent him trying to make profit out of them.

I wouldn't like to be in his shoes, it must be lonely.

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
Sadly this is the community, you have people who are ready to cheat, profit from others works.

If you need to give people access to something, create accounts with limited access not a full admin account. Keep offsite backups of everything, even if you have only changed a few things keep a backup on your PC or a place such as mega, have your DB automatically backup to a remote location every few hours too.

React

Sep 17, 2023
Sadly this is the community, you have people who are ready to cheat, profit from others works.

If you need to give people access to something, create accounts with limited access not a full admin account. Keep offsite backups of everything, even if you have only changed a few things keep a backup on your PC or a place such as mega, have your DB automatically backup to a remote location every few hours too.
I appreciate the advice @Johno though unfortunately the damage was already done, I am kicking myself for being to gullible in this situation, I should of used the "if it's too good to be true something isn't right" mindset in this scenario.

I didn't think much of it as said person played the same retro, it was easy to maintain contact with him sort of thing, I guess in this case he knew what he was doing from the start and executed it perfectly.

It's a lesson learned, that's for sure and in future I'll do as you mentioned and keep original source on a different environment, not to worry I have executed plans to bring back a new and improved version, one he won't get his hands on, whatever he does now with my files is completely useless to anybody.

Appreciate your response also!

Not the infamous Nathan :lol: Sorry this has happened. Guy has zero braincells.

You're right about the braincells part as this is nothing of value to him, the only thing he has achieved is further ruining his own reputation more than it already is.

We're coming back regardless and I hope he likes to look at the new version, because that's all he will be doing.

paswrd

https://casper.fun
Jul 31, 2012

This the guy who showed up on my hotel as "shithotel" "garbagehotel" and then left "faggot" on my profile? lmao

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
Probably the dweeb who will send me request on discord then be like "you are the most hated on devbest" or "your servers are shit" then block me

Maybe if we setup a fund for him, I hear Switzerland offer some great deals on their services

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Probably the dweeb who will send me request on discord then be like "you are the most hated on devbest" or "your servers are shit" then block me

Maybe if we setup a fund for him, I hear Switzerland offer some great deals on their services
If its the dude im thinking of, his brain is fried from cocaine use, he cant help himself LOL

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Use Github Pages or Netlify and avoid paid servers all together. Should work great for a fansite

retrosshab

Mar 10, 2024
If it's the same person I have dealt with in the past, he used a discord called yooo followed by loads of numbers. He offered to help me create a hotel and scammed me over £100 , which was obviously me being very stupid unfortunately, but glad this has finally came to light, everyone be cautious.

React

Sep 17, 2023
If it's the same person I have dealt with in the past, he used a discord called yooo followed by loads of numbers. He offered to help me create a hotel and scammed me over £100 , which was obviously me being very stupid unfortunately, but glad this has finally came to light, everyone be cautious.

Thankfully I didn't lose money, though I am sorry it happened to you. Won't make the same mistake twice, that's for sure, if hotel help is something you still need assistance with, I will happily do what I can, free of charge.

retrosshab

Mar 10, 2024
Thankfully I didn't lose money, though I am sorry it happened to you. Won't make the same mistake twice, that's for sure, if hotel help is something you still need assistance with, I will happily do what I can, free of charge.
thank you but all is good my man. unfortunately there are people on the internet who decide to take advantage, but as a community at least we are all aware of this person

Users who are viewing this thread