Show DevBest Best game engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
What is the best game engine to make a 1st or 3rd person fps (First person shooter) ?

Dayron1234

Rapnameiszero,cuzIhavezero,toleranceforidiots
Jun 30, 2010
Use Unity a lot of people use it and it's great to use for first person and making a map.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Heheheheheheh, the best:

• Source
  • GoldSrc
  • id Tech 1/2/3
  • Unity - great for easy game development
  • Cocos2d (for iPhone game dev)

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Unity isnt easy !
It is really easy compared to other methods. Making good games is not easy (story telling, graphic, coding) and not to talk about if you would make a game in a native language like C++, Java or anything else - come back when you have tried that. Unity is made for developers who wan't to learn to make games with a great engine and platform that is easy to go with.

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
Some of the most popular PC First Person games are based upon Source Engine.

- Team Fortress 2
- Garry's Mod
- Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
- Portal 1 & 2

DwightJunior

Please don't judge me!
Nov 18, 2011
im currently using game maker :p for school
easy to use, i dont know what you can make with it i guess you can make like mario and stuff

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
CryEngine looks good, but it's insanely expensive for commercial game development. Unreal also looks good, so does Source & Unity.
Tbfh, it'd be best for you if you developed your own minimal framework, so you gain an understanding into how a game works, what components are needed, etc.

I'd suggest learning C or C++ for game development, if you want full blown control over your code, and no abstractions (like XNA)

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
CryEngine looks good, but it's insanely expensive for commercial game development. Unreal also looks good, so does Source & Unity.
Tbfh, it'd be best for you if you developed your own minimal framework, so you gain an understanding into how a game works, what components are needed, etc.

I'd suggest learning C or C++ for game development, if you want full blown control over your code, and no abstractions (like XNA)
I know abit of java could you make a fps with java?

Sin

Sinful Lust
Aug 15, 2012
To the person who asked if you could make an FPS with java.

Look at Minecraft.
That's Java.

So yes, you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread