Best EMU 2021

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
Best is very subjective.

Plus is very accessible and you won't be short to find support.
Arcturus is feature rich but has its issues and support is more limited.
Comet is very stable but is no longer supported so finding help could be difficult.

You should also consider what you're already used to. If you've worked with Java emulators before then a Java based emu might be better for you.

Antisj

Apr 21, 2014
Best is very subjective.

Plus is very accessible and you won't be short to find support.
Arcturus is feature rich but has its issues and support is more limited.
Comet is very stable but is no longer supported so finding help could be difficult.

You should also consider what you're already used to. If you've worked with Java emulators before then a Java based emu might be better for you.
Cannot find Comet, where is the download link for that?

onacceptable

Queen of the Button mashing
Oct 23, 2019
Arcturus and morningstar are pretty much the same as far as i know only in morning star are some bugs and preformance issues fixed as far as i know and some plugins are morningstar only while arcturus plugins will run on morningstar as far i know

TheGeneral

Dec 27, 2016
Arcturus and morningstar are pretty much the same as far as i know only in morning star are some bugs and preformance issues fixed as far as i know and some plugins are morningstar only while arcturus plugins will run on morningstar as far i know
Thats incorrect. Morningcrap is based on decompiled & stolen sources. Arcturus is the original, by me. Morningcrap is a knockoff by people that don't want to put in the effort to make an emulator from scratch. But hey they don't tell you we stole this without permission.

You must be registered for see images attach

They had been decompiling the versions starting from 1.10.0 to 1.16.0 and after I caught on and I started to randomize the sources they stopped and started their "fork" rename.

And now you are all stuck with it and its not developed anymore. :poop:

Kalee

Nov 13, 2019
Thats incorrect. Morningcrap is based on decompiled & stolen sources. Arcturus is the original, by me. Morningcrap is a knockoff by people that don't want to put in the effort to make an emulator from scratch. But hey they don't tell you we stole this without permission.

wo

They had been decompiling the versions starting from 1.10.0 to 1.16.0 and after I caught on and I started to randomize the sources they stopped and started their "fork" rename.

Sounds like what everyone did to habbo.com from the start of Habbo retros anyways, can't really expect anything less from a community that is based on stealing the original creators work, and offering free coins and HC to people as a way to get them to play/use their Habbo retros instead. No difference with what Morningstar did but they're actually the ones keeping retros alive past flash player unlike those people who made these projects, they've picked up where the main developers slacked and made things possible, that would've been buried like how Plus Emu was buried. I'd say take it as a compliment and be happy your work is good enough to be based on the html5 stuff when no other emulator was prioritized but yours for Nitro.

Oni

信頼に値する人いない
Dec 1, 2021

You must be registered for see images attach

Someone is very convinced of themselves, according to my research, the code before was not the best either. Just because it worked doesn't mean it was good. I checked out your new thread about your new emulator, it looks ok so far, you can't judge much from such small snippets with uncomplicated code, but whoever uses expression-bodied members for hard-coded strings (like you do) probably still has a lot to learn or loves to create anti-patterns (for whatever reason).
I agree with you, if your project has been stolen it is of course not nice, but you don't seem to be the brightest either and you are responsible for it yourself. Who also writes something in C # or Java and expects it not to be decompiled?

If you are that good, make it public and I am sure that lots of experienced people like to take apart every single line to show you that you are not even close to who you think you are.

TheGeneral

Dec 27, 2016
Sounds like what everyone did to habbo.com from the start of Habbo retros anyways, can't really expect anything less from a community that is based on stealing the original creators work, and offering free coins and HC to people as a way to get them to play/use their Habbo retros instead. No difference with what Morningstar did but they're actually the ones keeping retros alive past flash player unlike those people who made these projects, they've picked up where the main developers slacked and made things possible, that would've been buried like how Plus Emu was buried. I'd say take it as a compliment and be happy your work is good enough to be based on the html5 stuff when no other emulator was prioritized but yours for Nitro.

You do realize that we are a community dedicated to emulating a game? Yes that includes copying client files from Habbo because yes we want to copy that game. Just because we are copying that game doesnt make it right to steal from other people trying to contribute to this community. Also I dont see how spending 5 years contributing and actively building an public open source emulator is slacking. Its disgusting to hear people say that and using it as an argument to say its right to take something without permission and rename it. It shows disrespect and ignorance for the amount of time, energy, money and effect that has been put into it.

Morningcrap is the only thing left because they started copying my work and I just didnt want to have to deal with the continous PMs about crap they kept breaking. Also its dead, where are all the hundreds of contributions they promised that wuold happen each month. And what did they actually add? Nothing special, nothing unique. And dont say nitro because thats BS, as thats just the exact same flash protocol implemented in websockets. Adding nitro to Plus, or Comet is no actual work.

Arcturus is shit, and I have always said it. I wrote it, so I know and if the author tells you its shit, then maaaybee you should have a little sense and think twice about ripping it off and renaming it.

If plus was bad, then habboon would've switched to Arcturus. But they didnt because Plus is good enough to be continued to be worked on. Just like comet, its better than Arcturus. The only reason people use morningcrap is because of the circle jerking krews community. Its a shame the krews server is build based on stolen contributions rather than build on invidiual public contributions to the community. It could've been a great place for people to come together and contribute to various projects and share ideas, but if you start of with a toxic project and glorify it, it will never recover from it.

Someone is very convinced of themselves, according to my research, the code before was not the best either. Just because it worked doesn't mean it was good. I checked out your new thread about your new emulator, it looks ok so far, you can't judge much from such small snippets with uncomplicated code, but whoever uses expression-bodied members for hard-coded strings (like you do) probably still has a lot to learn or loves to create anti-patterns (for whatever reason).
I agree with you, if your project has been stolen it is of course not nice, but you don't seem to be the brightest either and you are responsible for it yourself. Who also writes something in C # or Java and expects it not to be decompiled?

If you are that good, make it public and I am sure that lots of experienced people like to take apart every single line to show you that you are not even close to who you think you are.
I never said it was the best, I've always said it was bad and should NOT be used as a base for any other emulator. That includes renames or copying over core parts of the emulator.

I checked out your new thread about your new emulator, it looks ok so far, you can't judge much from such small snippets with uncomplicated code,
Ok
but whoever uses expression-bodied members for hard-coded strings (like you do) probably still has a lot to learn or loves to create anti-patterns (for whatever reason).
Well then don't judge, because you dont know any parts of the design reasons or decisions made.

Its part of an interface, so you dont have to deal with a crappy config file. Can it be loaded from a database, or use attributes or something else? Probably. Is it bad? No, it serves its purpose with a reason. You're nitpicking, just don't do that. Every code base has parts that can be improved. Nothing is perfect and nothing can be written perflectly bug free in one go. Anyone who claims you should do it bug free and correct in one go or else you are not a real developer is just talking BS. If that was the case, who would still be writing unit tests :')

Who also writes something in C # or Java and expects it not to be decompiled?
I don't. I'm unfortunately always trying to see the best in peoples intentions and contributions, as its also what I'm trying to contribute to. Arcturus was opensource for years. And never had any issues with people renaming until someone who thought he was entitled to renaming it, under various bs arguments, started to rename it. So I removed the public repository starting at version 1.10.0 and anyone who still wanted to join and contribute to the project could.

What experienced people? People who have been writing Arcturus plugins and do random database updates to set fields to 4k character limits, who instead of extracting a base class just copy paste the class and change two magic numbers? No, I don't owe you or anyone else anything. I don't need to prove to everbody what I'm capable of. I work on my projects and if you have constructive input or feedback, you can always leave it. But again, if you don't like it, then do not use it. And decompiling and rename it is using it.

If you all are so great, as you claim, then why don't YOU put in the hours and energy and effort to create an emulator from scratch, and looking at your comments you would be able to do everything right in one go while not making any bugs, mistakes and have a perfect code implementation?

Yeah, its what I thought.

Last edited:

Oni

信頼に値する人いない
Dec 1, 2021
I never said it was the best, I've always said it was bad and should NOT be used as a base for any other emulator. That includes renames or copying over core parts of the emulator.
Compare the title of this thread with your previous comment. @Damien at least mentioned the advantages and disadvantages of the current emulators. In any case, you are only expressing your personal hatred of those who stole your old project by saying your emulator would be better. You say emulator, but I'm referring to code, not names.

Well then don't judge, because you dont know any parts of the design reasons or decisions made.

Its part of an interface, so you dont have to deal with a crappy config file. Can it be loaded from a database, probably. Is it bad? No, it serves its purpose with a reason.
You don't seem to want to share your code, so it doesn't matter you're right, because YOU know what it's doing. But an experienced .NET developer would question it for a few seconds and refactor it for the sake of readability and maintainability (Like mentioned before you are not interested in people seeing your whole code, so it doesn't matter, right? ;)).
It's just because the real purpose / thought of your chosen syntax is not being served, BUT it's not bad, at the end it's just a syntax simplification compared to an auto-implemented string property. In IL exactly the same.

Do this:
C#:
public string Key { get; } = "something";
Instead of this:
C#:
public string Key => "ping";

The sugar expression-bodied members can bring are such cases:
C#:
public string Key => STRING1 + STRING2;
or even better
C#:
public override string ToString() => $"{String1} {String2} {String3}".Trim();

If you all are so great, as you claim, then why don't YOU put in the hours and energy and effort to create an emulator from scratch, and looking at your comments you would be able to do everything right in one go while not making any bugs, mistakes and have a perfect code implementation?
Dude, listen. I can tell you with great certainty that none of us here do anything perfect or have the most perfect code.
But if someone has perfect code, it's because the Task was A) pretty simple or B) took him way longer because he wanted it to be perfect.
No one is judging you and saying you are bad because of your code, but I wanted to judge the judge right now and I'm telling you stop badmouthing others, you are not better. This a dev forum, you should help the people that you consider as noobs.
People stole your project? Be HONORED my man. At the end it's just an emulator, not a million dollar project.

Edit: I will try to contribute a lot in the near future, and if you should notice some mistakes in my projects, I am more than grateful if you inform me about them and possibly even tell me the right alternative. Because that's the only way I can grow and become better than before.

Last edited:

Wildretro

Dec 16, 2021
You do realize that we are a community dedicated to emulating a game? Yes that includes copying client files from Habbo because yes we want to copy that game. Just because we are copying that game doesnt make it right to steal from other people trying to contribute to this community. Also I dont see how spending 5 years contributing and actively building an public open source emulator is slacking. Its disgusting to hear people say that and using it as an argument to say its right to take something without permission and rename it. It shows disrespect and ignorance for the amount of time, energy, money and effect that has been put into it.

Morningcrap is the only thing left because they started copying my work and I just didnt want to have to deal with the continous PMs about crap they kept breaking. Also its dead, where are all the hundreds of contributions they promised that wuold happen each month. And what did they actually add? Nothing special, nothing unique. And dont say nitro because thats BS, as thats just the exact same flash protocol implemented in websockets. Adding nitro to Plus, or Comet is no actual work.

Arcturus is shit, and I have always said it. I wrote it, so I know and if the author tells you its shit, then maaaybee you should have a little sense and think twice about ripping it off and renaming it.

If plus was bad, then habboon would've switched to Arcturus. But they didnt because Plus is good enough to be continued to be worked on. Just like comet, its better than Arcturus. The only reason people use morningcrap is because of the circle jerking krews community. Its a shame the krews server is build based on stolen contributions rather than build on invidiual public contributions to the community. It could've been a great place for people to come together and contribute to various projects and share ideas, but if you start of with a toxic project and glorify it, it will never recover from it.

Ok

Its part of an interface, so you dont have to deal with a crappy config file. Can it be loaded from a database, or use attributes or something else? Probably. Is it bad? No, it serves its purpose with a reason. You're nitpicking, just don't do that. Every code base has parts that can be improved. Nothing is perfect and nothing can be written perflectly bug free in one go. Anyone who claims you should do it bug free and correct in one go or else you are not a real developer is just talking BS. If that was the case, who would still be writing unit tests :')

I don't. I'm unfortunately always trying to see the best in peoples intentions and contributions, as its also what I'm trying to contribute to. Arcturus was opensource for years. And never had any issues with people renaming until someone who thought he was entitled to renaming it, under various bs arguments, started to rename it. So I removed the public repository starting at version 1.10.0 and anyone who still wanted to join and contribute to the project could.

What experienced people? People who have been writing Arcturus plugins and do random database updates to set fields to 4k character limits, who instead of extracting a base class just copy paste the class and change two magic numbers? No, I don't owe you or anyone else anything. I don't need to prove to everbody what I'm capable of. I work on my projects and if you have constructive input or feedback, you can always leave it. But again, if you don't like it, then do not use it. And decompiling and rename it is using it.

Yeah, its what I thought.
Its nice How I can get steff out of people by just reading an argument, the perfect example of why a community like this is great. You find people looking at stuff from different angle.

Anyway, Im a very noob Im not gonna lie. Ive played retro for several years, but has only tried setting one up 2-3 times before. And now im trying again. Out of your text, I got that Nitro is an own Emulator? Or am I wrong? Or is Nitro something built inside Arcturus EMU? Because I really don´t want the "nitro" logo to be on the loading page, is that something I can change?
Also, is it possible to change CMS after you have already finished a hotel, or will a full swipe be the best option?

Users who are viewing this thread