Beginnering Visual Basic 2010 Express

iExplicit

Jul 30, 2013
Hey Devbest,

Well, I really want to start learning a language of Visual Basic but i need some tips to start
I've downloaded Visual Basic 2010 Express

Btw, the title makes no sense ignore it i ment Beginning Visual basic 2010 Express

Last edited by a moderator:

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Hey Devbest,

Well, I really want to start learning a language of Visual Basic but i need some tips to start
I've downloaded Visual Basic 2010 Express

Btw, the title makes no sense ignore it i ment Beginning Visual basic 2010 Express
Meh visual basic isnt really a language unless you just want to familiarize yourself with terms and knowledge.
I had no fun with it, the structure sucks, gives incomplete errors when coding isnt even complete.

If you want a nice language that'll take you far but is begginner do Java.

If so go to youtube and serach thenewboston java begginner tutorials. HES GREAT.

Short simple lessons that you'll learn from in no time and then you can move on from there.

Otherwise then use visual basic but i hate. Just my opinion though

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
I have to agree with St4nley. The Visual Basic language doesn't provide you with further knowlegde into other languages, it'll simply only let you learn the .NET framework and if that is your wish, you should start with C# first.

C# is a C-like language, and you will be able to learn other languages easier (as most other languages also are C-like; PHP, JavaScript and C/C++ ofc).

Visual Basic isn't worth it if you wan't to work with the .NET framework. Either start on C#.NET or C++.NET

Good luck :)

jayk

Retired Habbotard.
Sep 4, 2013
My stepdad works for Dematic. They develope things for Amazon and other big things.
He told me if I wanted to start writing code to go STRAIGHT to C, then C++ then C#.

He has books on HTML, PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, Java, C++, and a C#.
So I am set :p

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Thanks for the response guys, so what one do you think i should start off with Java or C#?
Meh you're choice a lot of people will say c# because they automatically think "OH GOD ITS A C LANGUAGE I NEED DAT" when thats not the case at all, many languages are needed not just the C family. Java is really nice i can also link you to great tutorials where in 4 months you'll be a master and can move on to what you want. Unless you want C# i havent done c# but ill give you an example

Code:
// Hello1.cs
public class Hello1
{
  public static void Main()
  {
      System.Console.WriteLine("Hello, World!");
  }
}

C#

Code:
public class helloWorld {
        public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello World!");

}
}      JAVA

both hello world coding similiar concept basically same thing except syntax so really if you want to pursue a career in coding both C# and java will be needed no questions about that. And java is taught at grade 12 if you take computer science

Users who are viewing this thread