Battlefield 4 vs Call of Duty: Ghosts - Which one should you choose?

Zeddicus

The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race
Mar 23, 2012
Alright, to start off I will try to keep the most unbiased thread I can about the two games. I am a Battlefield 4 fan, but I have played both of the games, so here is my most unbiased review on the both of them:

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Pros and Cons
8C9589259-call-duty-ghosts1.blocks_desktop_small.jpg

Cons:
  • Same old Call of Duty feel and textures
  • Same old Call of Duty level textures and audio quality
  • Limited map levolution (Destructible dynamic map elements)
  • Many glitches (Ex: When you shoot a helicopter, it explodes and all the pieces evaporate into thin air)
  • Poorly executed multiplayer maps
Pros:
  • Good campaign story line
  • Decent suspension
  • Best graphics out of all of the Call of Duty series so far (They still have a lot more to go)
  • Some dynamic map elements in game (Destructible gas stations, shootable trees, ect.)
  • Sniper rifle shows your peripherals when you zoom in
  • New multiplayer game modes
  • New "Extinction Mode"
Battlefield 4
Pros and Cons
EA-earnings-preview-battlefield-4.jpg

Cons:
  • Very long campaign missions (If you want to go to a specific part of the Campaign, you have to go through a lot of the mission before you can)
  • Various bugs and glitches throughout the campaign (I fell off the map and was stuck at the bottom for the longest time)
  • Slower FPS on current-gen consoles (Sinks down all the way to 24 FPS in some moments)
  • Annoying lighting effects during gameplay
  • Origin required for digital download (PC only)
  • Many multiplayer elements are already in Battlefield 3
Pros:
  • Really good graphics (Using the new FROSTBITE 3 system)
  • Amazing Audio (Top quality eargasmic sound)
  • Unique dialogue with team mates randomly during campaign (Caught some characters talking what it was like back home)
  • Player interactivity (Campaign has you drive the vehicles, open the doors, ect.)
  • Good feel and texture, making you feel like an imperfect soldier, creating more of a realistic feeling to the game.
  • Multiplayer levolution (Destructible dynamic map elements)
So, you might be asking, "What do you prefer?" Well, to answer your question - I recommend both! But for different sections. I would recommend Call of Duty: Ghosts for it's Campaign and most definitely recommend Battlefield 4 for it's Multiplayer! But, in the end - it's up for you to decide!

Last edited:

Shorty

<insert title>
Jul 14, 2011
Battlefield all the way now, yes I miss Call of Duty for true running and gunning, but it's still easy to-do that on some of the Battlefield 4 maps.

Users who are viewing this thread