Show DevBest Basic UserSystem - COMING SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo

Jun 4, 2010
Hi there,

I am here today to talk to you about my new project: UserLocks. UserLocks is a basic user system which could be incorporated into a website to provide a framework for the workings of the actual website itself.

As well as the actual user system, UserLocks will include a shout box, profile info and eventually a messaging system. These could call be incorporated into a website easily.

Features at the moment:
Login: 100%
Register: 100%
Forgot Password: 100%
Edit Account: 75%
Profiles: 75%
Comments: 75%
Uploader: 75%

Demo Site:

The website will be updated daily, so keep checking back!

Thank you all,
Gibbo x

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
That's awesome. Can you tell me how you styled your fields, and what colours/pictures you used for the background? ;D

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I love it. It's really good, well -- it looks it so far.

Good luck with your development. If you need a hand, give us a shout.

Also, if I were to improve one thing, I would do placeholder="Username" on your text fields etc, so when you click on the field it empties the value and when you lose focus of the field and the field is empty, it restores the value of the field. I think this only works with HTML5 or something. There's a JavaScript hack of it too, if you want it - I can code it for you in like 1 minute.

OFF-TOPIC:
How did you create that sort of background? I've been wanting to create a "fuzzy" sort of background for ages

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011

Also, if I were to improve one thing, I would do placeholder="Username" on your text fields etc, so when you click on the field it empties the value and when you lose focus of the field and the field is empty, it restores the value of the field. I think this only works with HTML5 or something. There's a JavaScript hack of it too, if you want it - I can code it for you in like 1 minute.

OFF-TOPIC:
How did you create that sort of background? I've been wanting to create a "fuzzy" sort of background for ages
I ripped open the source, and found an image @

Gibbo

Jun 4, 2010

OFF-TOPIC:

Yeah that would be great if you could code that for me, as i have been looking for that for ages! Private message me it if you like ;).

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Do this on your fields:

Code:
<input name="user" type="text" class="userpass" value="Username" onclick="if ( this.value=='Username' ) { this.value = ''; }" onblur="if ( this.value=='' ) {this.value = 'Username'; }" />

That should work fine, if you change all occurrences of "Username" to what ever the value of the field is.

Or the HTML5 hack:

Code:
<input name="user" type="text" class="userpass" placeholder="Username" />

Gibbo

Jun 4, 2010
Decided to design a new layout for the user system.

Gibbo

Jun 4, 2010
Lol my penis just dribbled, I like it.
Oops, slight problem with navigation, * Floats right*, and thanks ;)

I have now released a live demo! It is still early development so there is not much to see at the moment, but more to come very soon :)

DEMO:

Thanks, Ryan x

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
Great work, Ryan. The layout looks amazing, and judging by the live demo, I'm very impressed!

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Cheers peoples, more updates coming very soon ;P

Found a slight glitch;

Click register it'll use the form at the side too <

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread